ISPERN Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnw8052

I have a question about transmissions on 155.475.

Whenever District 1 put outs an ISPERN message on 155.475, the transmission is loud and clear for about 30-45 seconds, then the channel cuts out as they're in the middle of the message. It always happens right when they get to the details of the message. This has been going on for the last year or so, and I've noticed it on District 7 also. There are a few ISPERNs that fully complete, but 85-90% of them always get chopped off. I know it's not my radios, because I've heard the local PD having the same issues. Is there a reason they do this?

Thanks for any insight on this.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Sounds like they have a bad phone line to the transmitter site. Some ISP Posts have remote VHF transmitters and receivers connected to the post by phone lines. Sometimes these phone lines develop problems, this is one consequence of them.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I have a question about transmissions on 155.475.

Whenever District 1 put outs an ISPERN message on 155.475, the transmission is loud and clear for about 30-45 seconds, then the channel cuts out as they're in the middle of the message. It always happens right when they get to the details of the message. This has been going on for the last year or so, and I've noticed it on District 7 also. There are a few ISPERNs that fully complete, but 85-90% of them always get chopped off. I know it's not my radios, because I've heard the local PD having the same issues. Is there a reason they do this?

Thanks for any insight on this.

Hey larry what's up? Yeah,ispern here in dist.8 does the same thing in conventional fm but then at the same time does not cut out on starcom TG 13033 which is dist.8 ispern.
I'll send you a pm buddy and we'll catch up! ;)
n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.