Vermont-Capital Mutual Aid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmitty0010

Feed Provider
I'm in Littleton NH and I can usally pick up Barre Dispatch (or capital west I believe?) on a freq of 154.190. I do not hear all the departments they dispatch for however only Barre city. (i'm guessing they have different mountain top transmitters that are not simulcast)

Anyway while doing a search via the scanner the other night I picked up 155.265. This is an exact rebroadcast of 154.190 however I'm hearing both the units talking to Dispatch and Dispatch talking with them. I believe this is a repeater system.

Can anybody shed some light on what freq this is and how it's being used...is this something new? I'm picking it up better than 154.190 in Littleton.

Thanks for any info
Alex

ecps92

What Tone ??

Freq OutFreq InToneCallsignDescriptionCategoryAgency/CountyState
155.26500 146.2 PLKQP439Vergennes Area Rescue SquadVergennes, City of Addison CountyAddison VT
155.26500 114.8 PLKNIW525EMS (serving Swanton & Highgate)Missisquoi Valley Rescue Squad Sheldon Fire Dept.Franklin VT
155.26500 82.5 PLKDX768EMSDeerfield Valley Rescue Windham CountyWindham VT

Capital is licensed for 155.2650, could be just a patch from Dispatch so that both the Fire and EMS are notified?
FCC Callsign WPYP425 Details
FCC Callsign WQLA656 Details

Get the Tone and pass it along to the RRDB Managers

I'm in Littleton NH and I can usally pick up Barre Dispatch (or capital west I believe?) on a freq of 154.190. I do not hear all the departments they dispatch for however only Barre city. (i'm guessing they have different mountain top transmitters that are not simulcast)

Anyway while doing a search via the scanner the other night I picked up 155.265. This is an exact rebroadcast of 154.190 however I'm hearing both the units talking to Dispatch and Dispatch talking with them. I believe this is a repeater system.

Can anybody shed some light on what freq this is and how it's being used...is this something new? I'm picking it up better than 154.190 in Littleton.

Thanks for any info
Alex

Tower7Troll

155.265 and 154.190 have a bi-directional repeater setup at one site. The .265 frequency is used as a RF link between Blue Cross Blue Shield, and the CFMA tower in Woodbury VT at the granite quarry.

Woodbury, East Montpelier, some Hardwick EMS calls, Cabot, and a handfull of others utilize that site. Not all traffic is TX'd over the .265 unless specifically selected, or users haven't switched over to the .190 channel.

chadbrunell

Thanks for any info
Alex

~~ Alex that is Capital West Fire and EMS here in Vermont. I am on the Waterbury Ambulance and i dont believe 154.190 is a repeater but it may be. i programmed one of my 2 way radios on 154.190 simplex and talked to Capital west and they heard me and i can hear them. but i do believe it is being rebroadcast onto 155.265. Im a little surprised you can hear it all the way in NH lol

Tower7Troll

Chad - see my above post.

To clarify a bit futher:

154.190 is used at six sites within the greater Montpelier area - On the tower in upper graniteville, Mt Irish in Berlin, the tower site in Waterbury Center, Blue Cross Blue Shield in Berlin (see next piece about this one), Waitsfield/Fayston FD tower, and the tower at the quarry in Woodbury.

The tower site in Woodbury utilizes an RF Link on 155.265 from Blue Cross Blue Shield, instead of phone lines, microwave, or other backhaul means.

The site in Waitsfield at the fire station, uses 155.265 from the Waterbury Center tower to link to the radio system at their station, providing localized coverage on 154.190.

Not all traffic will be heard on 155.265 - only traffic picked up by the Woodbury Tower, the Waitsfield/Fayston link radios, and traffic that is specifically broadcast on the link to reach either one of the above named sites.

Barre City / Barre Town share the use of a UHF link to the radio site in Upper Graniteville - instead of traditional means of backhaul.

This:

i dont believe 154.190 is a repeater but it may be. i programmed one of my 2 way radios on 154.190 simplex and talked to Capital west and they heard me and i can hear them.

Is the exact reason why end users should not have programming software and cables unless they know the specifics of the system. This is why Capital Fire agencies end up with wrong and/or no PL encode/decode on frequencies, and creates havoc for us that maintain radio systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.