Pro 106 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweiss1

I have a pro 106 scanner and today it started scanning in reverse order from what it should. Instead on going through scan list 1 to 20, it is now going 20 to 1. I know on my last scanner i could tell it to scan up or down is there a key stoke to use to get this to start scanning 1 through 20 again like it should?

bama9999

To scan upward, you just press the top arrow key on the large button on the front of the radio. Pressing the bottom one will cause it to scan downward.

Taubin

ZL2TOY
Premium Subscriber
That's really strange, did you reset the radio to defaults? After backing up your programming of course...

david342295

There is no known way to make the Pro-106 scan in reverse. It only scans 1 thru 20. Pressing the down or up arrow keys while in scan mode does not do anything. I have checked thru the Pro-106 manual and tried it on the radio also. But that's really strange that it is actually scanning backwards.

Maybe try to reset your radio, then load the file back in from either a V-Scanner folder or from the software you use with your scanner.

GrumpyGuard

Did you program the 106 using a software program? If so did you change any of the advanced settings? If you did reset the advanced tab back to default and see if that fixes your problem.;)

DonS

The PSR-500 family (which includes the PRO-106) does not scan in order of "scan list", either ascending or descending. It scans in order of object type, and then in order of ObjectID:
1. Conventional channels
2. Trunked systems
3. Search objects
4. Stalker/sweeper objects
Except for #2, each of the above is scanned in order of ascending ObjectID. The order in which trunked systems are checked depends on the ObjectIDs of the member talkgroups.

david342295

It is correct that the Pro-106 scans in object ID order, not Scan List order. If you programmed the radio as I did by assigning the 1st Scan List to the first objects entered, then assigning the 2nd Scan List to the next objects entered, then it would appear to scan the scan lists in ascending order as mine does.

To make it appear that the radio was scanning the Scan Lists backwards, I tried the following:

I cleared the memory then entered the following data with no CTCSS tones, starting with Object ID 0000 and assigning them to the Scan Lists as shown below:

Obj Conv. Scan
ID Freq. List
0000 155.45 8
0001 155.45 7
0002 155.45 6
0003 155.45 5
0004 155.45 4
0005 155.45 3
0006 155.45 2
0007 155.45 1

When I opened the squelch and kept pressing the Scan button manually, it stepped thru the Scan List backwards!

This may be what you are observing on your Pro-106.

jamesa53

My 106 has never done this, and I hope it never does. My 96 can scan "up" or "down" but again I am not sure why it has this feature. If you want something scanned first or before something else, just put it in the first "bank (96) or scanlist (106).

BTW, LMAO at Ensnared's comment!!!

DonS

As described in two preceding posts, the PRO-106's scan order has nothing to do with "scan list". The only thing that matters is "Object ID".

BHinAZ

Here is an excerpt from the GRE Knowledge Base that compliments what Don has posted. GRE makes the PRO-106 for RadioShack.

The excerpt begins saying "Your PSR-500/600 does not work like this". The PSR-500 is the GRE version of the RadioShack PRO-106. The word "this" is referring to a previous paragraph in the Knowledge Base article that describes scanning fixed conventional memory (as opposed to the Object memory architecture of the PRO-106).

Your PSR-500/600 does not work like this. It does not process Scan Lists sequentially when scanning. Rather, it uses Scan Lists to organize your Scannable Objects into logical groups of your choosing. We call this "mapping objects to Scan Lists".

Scan Lists make it easy for you to find your objects, and make it easy for you to enable and disable groups of objects when scanning. The objects aren't really stored "in" Scan Lists. Rather, they are "members of" one or more Scan Lists that you have identified in the Scan List mapping for each individual object.

Once scanning begins, the radio doesn't know what Scan List(s) an object is a member of. It just knows that an object it is scanning is mapped to one or more enabled Scan Lists, and is not locked out. In this way it is possible to have objects that are mapped to multiple Scan Lists, without having separate and independent "copies" of an object for each Scan List that you want it to appear in, making memory usage much more efficient, and making scanning more effective, since the same object is not checked multiple times during a single scan cycle.

To see the full article, go to the customer support section of the GRE America web site and look for the Knowledge Base article titled "Why doesn’t my PSR-500/600 stop in the current Scan List when I press the “MAN” button after the Scanner stops on an active Object?".

TES

Here is an excerpt from the GRE Knowledge Base that compliments what Don has posted. GRE makes the PRO-106 for RadioShack. . .

I suspect that Don Starr (DonS) has more knowledge of the inner workings of the PSR-500 family of scanners—which includes the PRO-106—than anyone on the planet:.

Status
Not open for further replies.