Help with STARTS talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

dren

Feed Provider
I have a PRO-96 that I've configured to listen to VSP Third Division. My problem is that when I hit the Orange tower, I get talkgroups that aren't programmed in. I get Richmond and Culpeper traffic. I even heard someone calling Salem. This is in addition to Appomattox traffic. I only have third division talkgroups programmed in. Any ideas?

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
I have a PRO-96 that I've configured to listen to VSP Third Division. My problem is that when I hit the Orange tower, I get talkgroups that aren't programmed in. I get Richmond and Culpeper traffic. I even heard someone calling Salem. This is in addition to Appomattox traffic. I only have third division talkgroups programmed in. Any ideas?

All the known TG's are listed in the database. You could simply program more of them into your radio. You can have up to 150 TG's per system. Put in the ones you're most interested in. As long as that bank is 'open' (you'll see a "+" above the bank#) you'll see all TG's, so there will still be some strange ones.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

dren

Feed Provider
Thanks for the replies. I closed the bank and all is well. I thought closed mode meant that the whole bank would be locked out.....that I couldn't hear it. Thanks for the correction.

Status
Not open for further replies.