Chester County Tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I am thinking about buying myself and my father Minitor pagers for Chester county. We are both firefighters at Glen Moore Fire Company, My firend who lives out of state has the programming cradle and everything i need to program them. But i need the information on how to program them and i need the tone information

SCPD

QRT
In the spreadsheet it says.....................
Station 48.......Tone A........Fire........Ambulance "I assume that would be our QRS tones?"..............General

What does that mean? How do you put them in a pager?

jerry092975

You have to program the pager with computer based software and motorola minitor III pager software and docking package. take a look on ebay

PS. Most fire company's do have there own pager programmer docking unit station 41 in coatesville does.

SCPD

QRT
I mean what is the sequence to do it? Chester county is a two tone system. Is it Tone A and the Fire Tone for Fire? And what is the general tone for?

DEPUTY11

you can have up to 9 tones for station 48 programmed in that pager, but at this time 48 only has 5 being used. fire, fire siren, qrs, fire officer and department officer.

SCPD

QRT
Yes, but what is the sequence of the tones? Tone A and the Fire Tone is what goes out on the fire dispatch frequency when we are dispatched correct?

Determining analog tone frequiecnies

If you know someone who has a Minitor V pager that activates for your requirements, the information could be read from that pager. Or you could record the paging tones off the air and then use software to measure and display the tone frequencies. I used the latter method to program a M5 for Lansdowne, East Lansdowne and Yeadon fire dispatches.

jerry092975

Chester County Pa Long Tone

Does anyone know the Chester County Pa Long Tone for the Group call = I need The A and B Tones , I have an updated copy of all the tones but can't seem to find the long tone. THX

mr1973

The long all call tones are 707.3 and 1433.4 in Paoli's Pagers

Group Call 1 is programmed as 707.3
Group Call 2 is programmed as 1433.4

There is no A and B they are single long tones

I never figured out why there are 2. Maybe the plan was one of the 2 is for the whole county and one of the tones is for the East . If someone in the West or Central could check theirs we could possibly figure it out.

Last edited:

JIF043195

Premium Subscriber
You are basically correct. One tone to alert all pagers countywide, and X amount (maybe 3 or 4??) of "regional tones." Obviously, the regional tones never took off, but in the infancy of the new paging system I remember such tones being hit for a tornado warning in the western part of the county.

Status
Not open for further replies.