• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

error when reading a Motorola Syntrx Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

longreach

Feed Provider
Hi all, I recently Brought a couple of second hand Syntrx Pro's(MCS2000) . everytime i go to read the radios i get the following error.

ptr field 8983 references block with ABSOLUTE ID 49 but block at that address has type value which resolves to absolute ID 28. Unpack Failed.

Im not interested in the codeplug in the radio, it there a way i can get around this? im running CPS R02.02.00. its worked ok on another remote head Syntrx Pro i have but its a different UHF Band split.

cheers all
Matt

jim202

Hi all, I recently Brought a couple of second hand Syntrx Pro's(MCS2000) . everytime i go to read the radios i get the following error.

ptr field 8983 references block with ABSOLUTE ID 49 but block at that address has type value which resolves to absolute ID 28. Unpack Failed.

Im not interested in the codeplug in the radio, it there a way i can get around this? im running CPS R02.02.00. its worked ok on another remote head Syntrx Pro i have but its a different UHF Band split.

cheers all
Matt

I am on vacation this week so don't have access to the software with me. I might ask what
computer speed your using as these radios are not happy with any high speed computers.

Another problem is the MCS2000 radios are very sensitive to the level converter voltages
that they see. I do have a limited source of different RIB units, but have found that my
personal trials have found most of the non Motorola RIB's do not play well with these
model radios. They seem to like a higher voltage on the data bus than most of the clone
RIB units supply.

You could take a look at the batlab.com site and see if you have missed anything, including
the program interface cable your using.

longreach

Feed Provider
Hi Jim, thanks for your reply. I have another Syntrx Pro(MCS2000) which reading and writing is no problem. i also tried tonight but trying to use its code plug and write it to this radio, but the model/serial number didnt match(obviously), unfoirtunately all my computers are high speed too.
is their anything else i can try?
cheers
Matt

ryanlewis

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for bringing up an old topic, but I would guarantee it's because of the computer speed.
I struggled for months with mine until I got my hands on an old 486, since then no problems at all.

I'm using an aftermarket RIB through the accessory connector.

vk3hau

Feed Provider
Hello Matt, Yes the computer speed is most likely the problem, I work for a Motorola dealer and program the DSE radios a lot, I mean A LOT, they are MCS2000 and I use a very old laptop with a Motorola RIB box, you just can not use a fast computer on these radios. VK3HAU.

Status
Not open for further replies.