Home Patrol Programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCC419

Is there a way to enter a frequency manually in this scanner in case when you enter the zip code and a
particular frequency isn't there from the down load ?

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Better bet is to submit that frequency to the RRDB.

principal

Premium Subscriber
The Advance Mode has an option called Quick Frequency Entry. It lets you enter in an individual single frequency.

Sheldon.

I found that, but there is no way to have it entered and listen to it. If you tap "listen" it puts you back to the stuff you where monitoring before.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Not sure what you are saying. You can enter frequencies manually.

principal

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what you are saying. You can enter frequencies manually.

Well, I was sitting near a "drive thru" and I wanted to try and pick up the wireless orders. I wanted to try some of the freq. that were listed online but I couldn't find out how to "listen"... I entered the freq. manually, then tapped the "Listen" button, but the scanner just went back to scanning the system that I was on before I tried the manual entry.
Hope that makes sense.... I must be missing a step some where

mciupa

Just copy the Full Database into a Favorites List. You can then add what ever you like to that list after following a few steps that the HP will prompt you for.

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
When you manually enter the frequency from the advanced options menu (I don't believe this is an Extreme only option?) - "Quick Frequency Entry", the third selection on the bottom from the left is "accept". Hit that. You're off and running.
Just to be clear - from the main menu -> Advanced Menu - > Quick Frequency Entry. Enter your selected freq, then, hit "Accept" on the bottom right.

Status
Not open for further replies.