Walkerton, IN/Lincoln Township Fire Territory

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmwadtf

Effective 1-1-2011, Walkerton, IN and Lincoln Township created the Walkerton-Lincoln Fire Territory. The territory is responsible for fire protection and EMS. A full-time fire chief and 6 advanced EMTs were hired to staff the agency, which was formerly staffed by volunteers.

daveriffel

Premium Subscriber
All I can Say is wow! I have been a FF in La porte for 20 years and this is the first I am hearing of this! Lincoln was working on a territory with Plesant Twp, but Walkerton....that's new!

QUOTE=cmwadtf;1449801]Effective 1-1-2011, Walkerton, IN and Lincoln Township created the Walkerton-Lincoln Fire Territory. The territory is responsible for fire protection and EMS. A full-time fire chief and 6 advanced EMTs were hired to staff the agency, which was formerly staffed by volunteers.[/QUOTE]

garryd451

Pokagon, Michigan, half way between Niles and Dowa

KidClerk

Feed Provider
How can there be when they haven't updated the web site since 2008? :)

I fear more and more departments will be facing this same thing in the coming years.

All I can Say is wow! I have been a FF in La porte for 20 years and this is the first I am hearing of this! Lincoln was working on a territory with Plesant Twp, but Walkerton....that's new!

You're right, it must had happened quick, not a thing about it on either Department's webpages!

Lincoln Township Fire Department

Walkerton Fire - Information

cmwadtf

Lincoln Township

It is the Lincoln Township in St. Joseph County that formed the fire territory with Walkerton, not the one in LaPorte County. They have been together for years. The only real change is now there is a full time fire chief and 6 full time advanced EMTs.

Status
Not open for further replies.