Atlantic County Squads on MedCom

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Lately on the MedCom TGID on the Atlantic County EDACS I've been hearing units addresses as Squad 39 or Squad 40. They've been going to areas like Mullica Twp or Ocean City and I think even to the City. Are they ambulances? AtlanticCare medic units? Transport ALS units? Its funny because since they closed Kessler Hospital in Hammonton I've been seeing Hammonton ambulances coming up to Berlin on Rt 30. Sometimes I'll see what appears to be 2 ambulances together, but one is the Hammonton BLS and one is the AtlanticCare medic unit. But the medic units travel in ambulances, so does that mean they have transport capability?

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
They are AtlanticCare transport units (ambulances) that cover Mullica Twp., Egg harbor City, Northfield & Linwood.

Lately on the MedCom TGID on the Atlantic County EDACS I've been hearing units addresses as Squad 39 or Squad 40. They've been going to areas like Mullica Twp or Ocean City and I think even to the City. Are they ambulances? AtlanticCare medic units? Transport ALS units? Its funny because since they closed Kessler Hospital in Hammonton I've been seeing Hammonton ambulances coming up to Berlin on Rt 30. Sometimes I'll see what appears to be 2 ambulances together, but one is the Hammonton BLS and one is the AtlanticCare medic unit. But the medic units travel in ambulances, so does that mean they have transport capability?

acscan

And some of the medic units use ambulances so they can transport 911 calls or critical care inter-hospital transfers.

Devilz311

Lately on the MedCom TGID on the Atlantic County EDACS I've been hearing units addresses as Squad 39 or Squad 40. They've been going to areas like Mullica Twp or Ocean City and I think even to the City. Are they ambulances? AtlanticCare medic units? Transport ALS units?

AtlantiCare BLS use the designations "Squad XX" on the radio. 39 & 40 are mainly the Mullica Twp trucks. The other BLS units are based out of Linwood or Northfield.

Its funny because since they closed Kessler Hospital in Hammonton I've been seeing Hammonton ambulances coming up to Berlin on Rt 30. Sometimes I'll see what appears to be 2 ambulances together, but one is the Hammonton BLS and one is the AtlanticCare medic unit. But the medic units travel in ambulances, so does that mean they have transport capability?

If BLS is unavailable, or in the case of Linwood or Northfield, the ALS unit will transport. Medic 10 in Linwood is frequently dispatched solo to ALS or BLS calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.