396t and cincinnati

Status
Not open for further replies.

k8mcn

Okay--the 396t has been out a month or so---been reading all the posts on the yahoo group etc.---But need personal opinions from all who are using this scanner for the Hamilton/'Butler/ Warren areas, Please.
Outside of the ongoing things with the 396,(keypad etc) what do you guys think of it in regards to using it in this area? Better than a Pro 96? should i wait a while before purchasing??
thanks in advance!!!
Kelly

wefr15

Feed Provider
I too would like to know the same thing also. I have always been a Uniden owner and have a BC796D and a Rat Shack Pro 96 but the 396 is really peeking my intrest.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
I do not see much of a difference, if any, with the Pro-96 vs. BCD396T. The audio is a little bit cleaner, but it does not trunk the system any better.

wolverine

I have used both the BCD396T and the Pro-96 on the Hamilton county system and in my opinion the Pro-96 receives the Hamilton county TRS much better than the BCD396T from my location. The digital voice audio on the Pro-96 sounds way better then the digital voice audio on the BCD396T, the digital voice audio on my Pro-96 sounds very close to the digital voice audio on my Motorola XTS5000R (Same radio's in use on the Hamilton county system). All being said, both are great scanners and you cant go wrong with ether one of them however for montioring the Hamilton county system, the Pro-96 takes home the gold. Hope this helps.

xusmarine1979

I don't live in your area but I own a Pro-96. I've been told that the 96 has better digital audio due to the AGC(Automatic Gain Control).

Status
Not open for further replies.