Christian County and the new radio system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmt911

Premium Subscriber
Christian County Emergency Services (The result of the merger of Nixa 911 and county 911) have accepted a bid to replace the current inadequate radio system. Radiophone Engineering has been awarded the contract for a MOTOTRBO system. The time frame is for complete activation of the MOTOTRBO system in late fall barring any complications.

New 911 system aims to improve public safety in Christian County MO - ky3.com

vinzep491

and do you have sources they chose a TRBO system? It's not mentioned in the news article

scannerowner

I heard they were, then they ran into problems, now they're back on analog. I don't know if they're using digital anymore or not! I don't understand why they're trbo when the state is going P25?? Interoperability??

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
I heard they were, then they ran into problems, now they're back on analog. I don't know if they're using digital anymore or not! I don't understand why they're trbo when the state is going P25?? Interoperability??

They were using analog when I was down there back in Feb. This news report outlines what happened: After new digital radio system falters, responders switch back to older analog system - KY3. They should've waited and took the MOSWIN route (or found someone who could install the Trbo system correctly).

bdalton26

Premium Subscriber
I know that as of late we do not hear transmissions from Christian County Sheriffs Office at all. We hear city police in all cities in Christian County on NFM simplex. In the latest statement about the MOTO TRBO system they use, found on the county's e911 site it states simply "In December of 2013 we went live with a county-wide MotoTRBO trunked solution." (CCES911) Does anyone know why we aren't hearing anything out of the sheriff there now???

Mikejn12

Does anyone have a current frequency set for Christian County? Specifically Ozark PD..
I am thinking about getting a new scanner and was curious where OPD went and if they might be encrypted or whatever.. I don't want to spend the money on a new scanner and not be able to monitor them.

bmdoss

Premium Subscriber
So I am at a loss as to getting a scanner or not..
Ya I am in the same boat I am looking to upgrade my old br330t.. I am looking a the TRX-1 and the 436HP.. Looking forward to P25 support and maybe DMR but doesn't sound like there is much going on in Christian country on DMR/Mototrbo

Last edited:

Mikejn12

Ya I am in the same boat I am looking to upgrade my old br330t.. I am looking a the TRX-1 and the 436HP.. Looking forward to P25 support and maybe DMR but doesn't sound like there is much going on in Christian country on DMR/Mototrbo

I was thinking about getting the 536HP and I also wonder how close they are to going encrypted. I would hate to spend the money on a scanner and 2 months from now, they go encrypted.

bmdoss

Premium Subscriber
I was thinking about getting the 536HP and I also wonder how close they are to going encrypted. I would hate to spend the money on a scanner and 2 months from now, they go encrypted.
Ya if I don't need DMR for Nixa/Christian Co I can definitely save some money.. But I haven't had a new scanner in around 10 years might as well get a fully loaded unit

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Mikejn12

Ya if I don't need DMR for Nixa/Christian Co I can definitely save some money.. But I haven't had a new scanner in around 10 years might as well get a fully loaded unit

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Christian country has definitely gone digital.. Not sure what type.. I know they are not encrypted.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Christian country has definitely gone digital.. Not sure what type.. I know they are not encrypted.

Some (if not most) agencies there are using digital using MOTOTrbo DMR. There are certain scanners that will monitor that type of system (assuming they're not using some sort of voice privacy feature). I have a few contacts in a county south of there. I'll ask around to see if they know anything (can't promise anything, though).

Mikejn12

Some (if not most) agencies there are using digital using MOTOTrbo DMR. There are certain scanners that will monitor that type of system (assuming they're not using some sort of voice privacy feature). I have a few contacts in a county south of there. I'll ask around to see if they know anything (can't promise anything, though).

Thank you..

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
WHen the band is up a bit I can hear some of the Christian Co system from here in Joplin. Ths info thet was added in the database was from me:
" Re Christian Co Emergency services
This IS A DMR, ALL the 3 below frequencies heard below use Slot 1 Color Code 1 and TG 1

151.2725 Nixa
154.875 Spokane
and 155.85 - note this freq heard with same Slot/CC/TG AND ALSO same dispatch RID of 19203 as on 154.875, so clearly in the same system.
Note ALL of the mobile RIDs show up only on the one frequency they use, only the console RIDs show up on more than 1 frequency. I DO have the other frequencies shown in the RRdb programmed, just not heard. But I am ~75 miles away."

What else do you want to know?

W

simpledesign

Premium Subscriber
I am not having any luck hearing anything. Anyone want to help a newbie? I have a DM-5R Plus that should be able to get the signal. I am just not hearing anything.

scannerowner

Christian County is on a Trunked Mototrbo system, so you won't hear them unless you scan all voice channels with your DM-5R, but there may be other specifics as well. It may be that you hear a little bit on one channel, then it goes to the next and you miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.