VDL-2 Decoder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveNF2G

VDL is very common in the USA now. PlanePlotter can decode it after a fashion, but because the protocol is slightly different from regular ACARS, it cannot use the data to plot positions. I'm hoping for an update to that capability within PP some day soon.

w4rtt

What mode is VDL2 in?
I've been playing around with Multipsk and using the audio and the baseband audio from my R8500, and haven't had any luck decoding.

Randy

w4rtt

I have the Icom tuned to 136.975 in WFM mode and I can dee the signals on Multi waterfall, but still not getting any decodes. Is there some othher setting within Multi that has to be set.

Randy
W4RTT

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
I have the Icom tuned to 136.975 in WFM mode and I can dee the signals on Multi waterfall, but still not getting any decodes. Is there some othher setting within Multi that has to be set.

Randy
W4RTT
Hello,

WFM maybe too wide if the filter is 100 or 200 KHz for FM Broadcast. The signal appears to be 25 KHz wide, so a 30 KHz filter would be better.

73 Eric

ATCTech

Correct me if I'm wrong but MultiPSK's VDL mode (which is in the registered version only) automatically selects an SDR device. It doesn't/can't use an external audio source for VDL at this time.

You could always go to the MultiPSK web site/discussion group and ask the author.

nr2d

Premium Subscriber
Correct me if I'm wrong but MultiPSK's VDL mode (which is in the registered version only) automatically selects an SDR device. It doesn't/can't use an external audio source for VDL at this time.

You could always go to the MultiPSK web site/discussion group and ask the author.

MultiPSK's support is on Yahoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.