ScannerCastRR No communication with scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSquelch

I am using ScannerCastRR and I just got my feed up today and have a question. The status for scanner connection keeps flashing between "OK" and "NOT COMMUNICATING WITH SCANNER". I am streaming alpha tags using a PSR-500 and XP on the computer.

njff

Feed Provider
scannercast

i am using scannercast as well, my status says no comm. with scanner. My systems is working fine even with this msg.

PeterGV

K1PGV
I am using ScannerCastRR and I just got my feed up today and have a question. The status for scanner connection keeps flashing between "OK" and "NOT COMMUNICATING WITH SCANNER". I am streaming alpha tags using a PSR-500 and XP on the computer.

Hmmmm... So, you're saying that you're seeing correct Alpha Tags displayed in (for example) WinAmp for your feed, even when ScannerCast tells you "NOT COMMUNICATING WITH SCANNER"?

I've never seen a bug like THAT before. Remember the "communicating with scanner" status ONLY has to do with whether ScannerCast is able to retrieve tags from your radio. It does not have anything to do with whether audio is being retrieved.

Peter
K1PGV

KSquelch

Today, I restarted ScannerCast to stream tags. I went to the Advanced tab to watch the Diagnostic Info. It ran OK for 10 minutes until I got some traffic on the scanner. Then it started to flash between the scanner info and "NOT communicating with Scanner". Also, when I run WinAmp on another PC, the tag flashes on and off. The audio is fine and there's no problem there.

The only thing that I haven't tried is reinstalling ScannerCast.

PeterGV

K1PGV
Hmmmm... well, there's a problem with the connection between your computer and the scanner. This is the connection that's used to retrieve the tags (via the programming cable) -- NOT the audio connection, which as you say is fine.

The problem could be a connector not being pushed-in all the way, or the cable not working reliably.

The connection should be solid -- especially on a PSR-500 (which is what I use for my feed).

Sorry I can't provide more help. I've heard numerous cases similar to yours where one side or the other of the cable connection was "loose", rocking out of the socket.

Peter
K1PGV

KSquelch

I hooked my other PSR-500 up and it did the same thing. When I start ScannerCast, it'll run great for a little while. Then it will start that "Not communicating with scanner" stuff.

owtlawatv

Feed Provider
My Pro-106 is doing the same thing.
Im using the older usb adapter 20-047.
If I suspend alpha tags and then resume, it works fine for another 10 minutes.

What USB adapter are you using?

PeterGV

K1PGV
When you see tags, are they in sync with the audio? Are you running ScannerCast on an older (slower) computer or a computer with lots of other stuff going on? If there's not enough CPU bandwidth to keep up you could maybe see this problem. Maybe.

Enable detailed logging... Anything helpful shown un the log?

Peter
K1PGV

KSquelch

Audio is in sync with the tags when they show up.

I'm using the 100-016 USB cable that came with the scanner.

I am feeding from an older XP PC, but the CPU Usage with ScannerCast running is around 20%.

Peter, I will send you my log data in a private message. Thanks in advance.

Dave

Last edited:

owtlawatv

Feed Provider
Im runnin scannercast for rr.
Im running it on an AMD X6 with 4GB RAM.
Its windows 7 32... and nothing else is running.
When the alpha tags are updating right, the display is correct and in sync.
Then after 5-10 minutes, or sooner, the message will display unable to comunicate with scanner.
Sometimes, it will comunicate for a few seconds, then show unable to, then will, then will not.
When it is doing this, the alpha tags are not in sync.

If you log on to my broadcast, you will see, it will just quit displaying or be scewed up.

Im also using the older usb adapter 20-047. This is the clear orange one.
It works fine for programing and remote....

Last edited:

mshowman

Premium Subscriber
I have a similar problem with scannercast and my PSR-500 as well but gave up after playing with it for a couple days. It flickers between OK and not communicating in sync with the display alternating between the system name and the talkgroup id. It will only send the tags if I put something in the "Scanning Tag" field in the advanced tab, but will still flicker between that value and the channel info on the audio client, even if the channel is open which is annoying. All I can figure is it is an issue with the way I have the trunking objects set up although the scanning and audio work fine.

KSquelch

I switched to RadioFeed and it sent the tag info OK. But the program would disconnect and reconnect to the server every hour and a half or so, thus booting everyone listening off.
I downloaded ScannerCast again and it's doing the same thing that it had been doing-- flashing between 'OK' and 'NOT communicating with scanner.' The tag info is sporadic when listening on WinAmp.
I'd rather deal with the text tag problem than with listeners getting booted all the time.

owtlawatv

Feed Provider
Since Ive been using RadioFeed, Ive never had a disconnect.
Maybe if you post in the RadioFeed Post, the author of the program can help you.

KSquelch

Yeah, I'm emailing Bob to see if we can get the issue resolved.
I'm getting a 'Source Client - RadioReference Timeout - 3' message before it disconnects.

Bubba1661

WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I am having the same problem also, audio is fine. Showing Ok With sending audio but not communicating with my pro 197 for alpha tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.