PRO-197 and Mesa Simulcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

garikfox

Does anyone use Narrow FM with Mesa ?

In the Manual it says Narrow FM has no efffect on performance with Digital Trunking Systems

Astrak

For S&G I've tried it, it has no effect what so ever. If you want to try it, have at it and let us know the results.

jhhays

Mesa AZ resident with a PRO 197

Good day,

I live in East Mesa almost to AJ border and I have a pro 197. I have all the mesa pd freqs programmed. I am getting them but every so often it is very choppy. Any solutions. Also I can not get MCSO at all.

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BREW; Opera Mini/6.0.3/27.2338; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 320X240 LG VN530)

Assuming you have your scanner properly programmed, the simulcast sites for both the RWC and Topaz RWC are notoriously difficult to receive, due to multipath interference issues. At home, you may be best served using an outdoor directional antenna pointed at one of the sites. (And the closest site may *not* be the best site. You may need to experiment with which site you aim your antenna at.)
Otherwise, try programming in just Mesa's Thompson Peak site. I don't know how much traffic is carried on that site, in relation to the simulcast system sites within the cities of Mesa/Gilbert/Apache Junction themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.