• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

cdm 1250

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCOTTHARRIS

Premium Subscriber
I have a dual head cdm1250 vhf. I was checking to see if the radio can be read and wrote tru the remote head? or do i unplug the remotes and go in that way? Just asking before the attempt! thanks !

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I have a dual head cdm1250 vhf. I was checking to see if the radio can be read and wrote tru the remote head? or do i unplug the remotes and go in that way? Just asking before the attempt! thanks !
This thread: http://forums.radioreference.com/motorola-forum/205989-cdm1550ls-programming-issue.html is right next to yours at the moment, and deals with the exact same problem, but with a 1550. They are all the same family of radio so you may have better luck getting in on that discussion.

N6RDT

Premium Subscriber
If it read through the RJ45 in the remote mount then It should,and i emphasize,should,write to it fine. if it reads the code plug that means it is communicating with the radio,which is what you want. I haven't been able to get and of my CDM 1550's to read or write in remote mount through the RJ45. I have to uninstall the radio, reinstall the head on the radio and it will read and write just fine. Its just a pain having to do so since so many of my fleet has remote mounted CDM's. I talked to Moto tech suport and they were able to get on to program in there shop fine throught the RJ45. I talked to another tech in my shop and he thinks the remote cable that connects the radio and control head dont have all the wires that the internal ribbonn cable has. He also said to program the CDM's in remote mount conditions to program them through an accessory cable connected to the back of the chassis. Anyhow, hope this info helps you.

SCOTTHARRIS

Premium Subscriber
tryed to write and now have a eeprom cs error! tryed to write it from a saved code plug with no luck(tryed several times). any help or does it have to go in to be corrected? thanks!

N6RDT

Premium Subscriber
I have experienced and seen eeprom errors before. Two things can be done to correct it. 1st, When Motorola sent me the lastest version of the cps on my subcription, it corrected that. So, you need to use the newest and lastest version of the CDM cps. 2nd, The depot said if it doesnt correct the problem then the eeprom will need to be replaced and that is a depot job,unless you are able to do it yourself. Not sure what causes eeprom errors. I programed a radio with older software and after I wrote to the radio it ended up saying eeprom error. At which time I used the newest version and it corrected it. Hope this helps you.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
OK.. Motorola did not make a dual head kit.... It is a quick mount kit made by IDA Corp. They specifically state in their manual not to read or write through the remote setup.

You need to break down a head and cable and plug it in directly to the front of the radio. You might be able to recover it if you are using the latest cps software.

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.