Feed gone or what

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjbjr

All I'm getting on my scanner feed is constant nothing. Its like the mic is being held down in a small office. I hear faint voices here and there. I heard it earlier and figured someone had it keyed down by accident but now its like this all day. Any ideas why?

ncsflorida

Premium Subscriber
I had a similar issue. The problem with my scanner was a computer that was running in the room, i turned it off and it was crisp and clear.

rmiller818

All I'm getting on my scanner feed is constant nothing. Its like the mic is being held down in a small office. I hear faint voices here and there. I heard it earlier and figured someone had it keyed down by accident but now its like this all day. Any ideas why?

What type of scanner? Did you look at the display to confirm it was scanning? The 996T that provides the Cobb Fire feed once got stuck on a radio station after I accidentally bumped a button and turned close call on.

DCMR2

I'm having the same problem. It's definitely an open mike, yesterday I could hear someone moving around and closing a door. Occasionally you can hear a car drive by.

mjbjr

Sounds like the mike is open again.

Thanks for the heads up and the email. I try my best to keep it up 24/7. Considering its running off a wireless conection,it does pretty good. This computer itson is very picky. I hook up the webcam(built in mic as well)and that acts as an open mic. Works fine after unhooking it.

SCPD

QRT
Could be the webcam has it's own audio source and that may be interfering with the scanner and feed.

charlesdotcc

Any idea why the webcam interferes with the scanner?
@mjbjr - I bet I know what it is, I've experienced a similar issue. When you plug in the usb webcam, it adds another audio device and this becomes the default audio input device for the computer. So if you plug in the webcam, and then go Start->Control Panel->Sound and Audio Devices Properties and click on the Audio or Voice tabs (assuming Windows XP), I'm guessing Default Device will show up as something like USB Audio Codec or some such. You can select your normal sound card from the drop down list and everything should go back to working the way it was. Be forewarned though, next time you plug the webcam back in, it will go right back to the same thing.

So in other words, you were listening to the webcam's mic in whatever room you have your comptuer in over the stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.