Dothan LTR-Any Luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgoodson

Feed Provider
Hello-

I programmed my BCD895T with the info for Dothan LTR using the info from the Radio Reference Database for Alabama/Houston County/Dothan.

During ID search, for about half an hour or forty five minutes I heard NOTHING. so I figure I have something wrong.

Has anyone succeded in listing to this system, and can you clarify the info on the data base, or offer a suggestion....

thanks...

dg

ericcarlson

Database Admin
The system is listed in the database as LTR Multinet. There are no scanners that will track Multinet systems. Your only option is to monitor it in conventional mode. There are also software utilities that can decode LTR data, see the LTR forum for more info.

-Eric

Julian1

The county which Dothan is located in, uses conventional LTR. You will likely have to settle for the county.

I have tried listening to City of Dothan on conventional scanning. It is impossible. On Multi-Net, each time a "mike" button is pressed, the system switches the talk group to a different frequency. Add to that a 2-second or so repeater-carrier delay which leaves your scanner holding on the original frequency, you are lost in the dust while the system has taken the two radios you were trying to listen to, to another frequency. Hit the scan button and all you'll get is the next repeater delay. Very frustrating. Next to ProVoice or digital encryption, Multi-Net LTR is the most scanner proof system there is.

Best Regards,
Julian

Status
Not open for further replies.