ScannerCast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate1n22

Premium Subscriber
ScannerCast keeps popping up and saying 'RR connection DOWN' and then 30 seconds later it will say 'RR connection up'

PeterGV

K1PGV
Sounds like your connection is going up and down.

Are you using a wired or wireless LAN? Wireless connections tend to bounce a lot and are a very bad idea for a feed.

Peter
K1PGV

SCPD

QRT
feed drop

My feed does that also. I am only 20 ft from the wirless which I have a very strong signal!

squirrel

Premium Subscriber
Wireless is more than likely the issue. I initially had my feed wireless and got the same symptoms you are seeing. Switched to a wired connection and never had that problem again.

PeterGV

K1PGV
Understand that streaming real-time audio, with 2 packets every second, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from the computer connected to your scanner, through your LAN, to your router, through your ISP, through close to 10 intermediate systems on the internet, to the RR servers is a *very* difficult thing.

Given how most ISPs manage people's home access points, it's amazing that streaming works at all.

ANYthing that messes with your stream... to delay packets... to drop packets... or whatever... has the potential to throw your stream into chaos. Even something as simple as one of your neighbors firing-up a download from Netflix can screw-up your stream and caused a disconnect. Seriously.

Trying to add wireless into the equation just makes the whole thing even MORE difficult.

If there's one single thing that I advise people to do to ensure their streaming has a good chance of staying connected longer, it's to use a wired connection that you KNOW works well.

Using a wireless connection, even one "20ft away" is asking for trouble. If it's only 20ft away, get a 20ft long ethernet cable.

Peter
K1PGV

dbozarth

Possible Fix

This may have been a fluke thing, but I was having the same problem (connection fluxuating between up and down), and my fix to the problem was disabling the "Enable Stereo Input" option on the Advanced tab. I am using a mono auxillary input from the scanner to the microphone input and I have a dedicated connection over LAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.