Feed sounds like a 78 record set to 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

ledsled96

I can't seem to get my feed working right. For 2 - 3 days it seemed ok, now it sounds like a 78 record being played at 33 speed. I am using headphone out into mic in with windows. Thanks in advance.

ledsled96

I am leaving it on weather and connected so that someone can here it. There isn't a lot of traffic on the scanner so maybe someone will hear it and know what it is.

ledsled96

I am using Scannercast and have tried Radiofeed. I was able to change rates in Radiofeed but not in Scannercast. I didn't change anything prior to the feed acting up.

hoser147

Are you able to See the transfer rate. Im running Oddcast and it usually is a 32 Kbps. for the last while its been all over the place. It did this the last couple of times there were sever issues.

vees

Premium Subscriber
Feed is good for about a minute then the audio starts dragging again. Any ideas?

This also happened to me with Darkice when I had the sample rate for the sound card set to 22050 when it was sending 44100. Check your sample rate on the sound card settings.

ledsled96

vees,
I will look into the sound card. I am using a Dell Dimension 4600 and I believe the sound is integrated. I will have to research the specs on the sound as I am not acclimated with changing the rate internally.
Thank you for your suggestion.

Log in to your feeds owner management page, go to the Statics tab and check the Feed Statistics

Make sure the Sample Rate and Bit Rate are the same as what Scannercast is set to and make sure Scannercast is set to a proper setting

I really can't tell you much more as I have never used Scannercast.

But I had a similar problem with Darkice and Shoutcast. Darkice was set to one sample rate and Shoutcast was re-sampling it at a different rate causing it to sound slow.

ledsled96

Feed is fixed! I downloaded the latest audio driver for my computer and it seems to have resolved the issue. Thanks to all of you that helped me.
Happy listening!

Status
Not open for further replies.