Motorola Tone tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevyman2011

When programming a minitor v using the motorola tone tables where can i find a list of what those frequencies are so i can find mine? I have searched radioreference all over looking for them and where i am (Warren County Ohio) under pager tones where it would list my tone frequencies for each department it just says no PL. Please help

bezking

Do you want a list of PL tones or Two-Tone codes? AFAIK you can't program a Minitor to alert solely based on PL tone...

n7maq-1

Premium Subscriber
To me it sounds like you are looking for he actual pager tones for your local area is that correct?

If so and you are a firefighter then ask your supervisor, or your dispatch supervisor. If you are not a firefighter, then ask the local fire dept. They may be reluctant to give you the info but if you have a good reason they probably will. Or you can record them off the air and use a software program to decode them. Just search for two tone decoder software.

Jim

Last edited:

Chevyman2011

I am fairly new to this so i am not 100 percent sure. However this is what i have. After reading the minitor v in the programming cradle i can see it is set to the motorola tone system. The pager only has one channel so i click on channel F1 and in the first box (call 1 tone 1) there is one frequency there and only one. the pager works when the department gets the call so basically what i am trying to figure out is to the right of that there is the button that takes me to the motorola tone table. I am also using the R168 (none) coding option by the way. I want to know about these 80 frequencies it is giving me and what departments they are for future programming.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I am fairly new to this so i am not 100 percent sure. However this is what i have. After reading the minitor v in the programming cradle i can see it is set to the motorola tone system. The pager only has one channel so i click on channel F1 and in the first box (call 1 tone 1) there is one frequency there and only one. the pager works when the department gets the call so basically what i am trying to figure out is to the right of that there is the button that takes me to the motorola tone table. I am also using the R168 (none) coding option by the way. I want to know about these 80 frequencies it is giving me and what departments they are for future programming.

It sounds like you're looking for Motorola Quick-Call II tones for the departments in your area. If you don't know them and the FD or dispatch center won't give them to you, you'll have to puzzle them out on your own. Here's a web page that may give you some insight:

Two-tone Paging

The Motorola tone tables generally list all the tone frequencies available and allow you to select the tone frequencies you want; you would then enter the desired tone pairs and timing (if necessary) for each department you need to be alerted by.

CTRID049

Minitor Programming Codes

I am relatively new to pager programming so please excuse my ignorance. Is there a code translation list somewhere to reflect the code that is programmed into dispatch consoles (i.e. 4AC3) and the code to understand that that is on the pager (i.e. 1985.0)? We are using the Motorola MCC5500 in dispatch and Motorola Minitor V pagers. Would be great if I was able to match a console code to a pager code. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and stay safe.

kf8yk

Sounds like you have the Centracom codes & need to convert to tone frequency. The process is explained in the Centracom Gold Elite Installation Manual p/n 68P81097E45 in appendix B. Centracom code 4AC3 converts to 871.0 Hz / 1985.0 Hz.

A while back RR user Jay911 posted a dos program to do the conversion, you may want to try to contact him for a copy.

If you get stuck, send me your codes & I can look them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.