Regina Fire Department Apparatus

Status
Not open for further replies.

ENGINE_4

The 4 Rosenbauer Rescue Pumpers should be going to Stations: 2,3,6 & 7.
I think Rescue or Squad 6 (the large yellow E-One Truck) which ever it is, will become a more Tech Rescue/Speciality Rescue Support Truck.
I know one of the new aerial's is obviously replace the current Aerial in Station #4, but does anyone else know where the other two aerials are going??

colby4601

The other aerial will replace the Platform at 5 Hall. As for the final aerial, I have no idea. Didn't know 6 Rescue was being juggled around with 5 Tech. If that is the case, that means an aerial will have to be in the same station as the Tech truck. 5 Tech has always run with 5 Platform due to situations such as high angle and rope rescues.

2 Hall with a new pump, 3 Hall with a new pump, 4 Hall with an aerial, 5 Hall with an aerial, 6 Hall with a pumper and an aerial and 7 Hall with a pump. Make 6 Rescue a specialty unit and somehow cross-man two trucks at 6 Hall? Possibly. I guess only time will tell.

ENGINE_4

If you look at the new Rescue Pumpers there a lot more rescue then pumper.... What I mean to say is that there carrying way more stuff then auto-ex gear, and I would think probably two or three times the amount of rescue type gear then there current Rescue Pumpers can hold. I saw #6 Station crews practicing with one of these new trucks so I just assumed that the current #6 Rescue would become more of a Special Rescue truck.

As for #5 Tower Ladder/Platform being replaced with a new 75' foot Quint... I find that really, really odd. Because the truck is the only one of it's kind in the city. And lets face it, there will probably be more big fires and more high-rise rescue calls that require that truck specifically for that job. But then again they may have gotten a deal for buying three trucks instead of two, and besides i'm not the fire chief!! lol

colby4601

I'm only going off what I've been told. Guys at 5 Hall said they were getting a Quint in at 5. But, that might have changed since then.

I have yet to see the new Rescue/Pumper's. I'll swing by the ETC.

colby4601

7 Hall has their new truck in service. Mechanics were there today doing some tweaking. Brand new 7A is now in service.

colby4601

More and more of the trucks are coming into the ETC. The new pump was only at 7 Hall for part of that day. New trucks haven't been deployed to the Hall's yet.

colby4601

New pump was deployed to 4 Hall yesterday. 4A is now a brand new truck.

Sent from my pencil and paper.

RBerezowski

The first of the new Rosenbauer Quints was out being driven around last night. Quint 207, which lately seems to be spending all of its time at the ETC, is now being driven around. Nice truck. Saw it up near Northgate, near Station 2. Hopefully it will be deployed soon, somewhere.

Rob
Regina

Last edited:

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
How are these aerials faring in winter conditions? A neighboring department has the first Canadian RB T-Rex, and it doesn't see much use that I know of. I'd think that the seat position and the touchscreens would not be too friendly in prairie winters.

ENGINE_4

I don't know how this truck is going to fair in winter.. but I don't think any type of touch screen really loves the cold :/ It would be interesting to see how this truck performs in -20/-30 when the firefighters have to remove the bucket and use it for a below grade rescue operation as a crane!

Jay911

Feed Provider
I was going to contest the need to remove the basket, but looking at the RB site, looks like you can do exactly that. I've never encountered a situation where a department has done that, though.

As for doing below grade rescue, RB has a photo on their site indicating the basket doesn't need to be removed for that:

XqtE3UW.jpg

Departments don't like to use aerials as cranes because tip load is increasingly lighter every time companies make smaller aerial trucks with lighter-weight metals. Tip load on the Raptor aerial is 600 pounds, so one firefighter, a Stokes rescue basket and rescued patient with all the 'attachments' (splints, oxygen, etc) is going to come close to that limit.

One thing I do like about RB aerials is the leveling system. I saw it demonstrated on the aforementioned T-Rex. They basically just push "Deploy" and all four outriggers pop out, deploy, and level the truck off. The T-Rex was leveled on a significant grade, with the tailboard nearly touching the pavement and the front axle 6 feet off the ground, all without operator intervention. The computer system is just that smart. Compare that to my department's Squrt, which, though admittedly is using tech nearly 40 years old, relies on me pushing down on two levers, one at a time, and eyeballing if the tailboard is level with the ground.

Having said all that, when it comes to Raptors, I still prefer my own... ;)

tJHnb18.png

ENGINE_4

Haha you have a nice Raptor their Jay911, I will get some pictures of this new Aerial and share post them!!

ff-medic

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The Appalachians - Next to the tent and campfire.
Regina Fire Department has made some major purchases to up-date there fire fleet.

--Three (3) 75' Rosenbauer Viper Aerial - Regina Fire Department - City of Regina, SK (x3)

-- Four (4) Rosenbauer Enclosed Rear Mount Pumper - Regina Fire Department - City of Regina, SK (x4)

Regina Fire Department - City of Regina, SK (x4)

Take the "Ski Rack" rotators off and to the least get a halogen flashing light bar - with the flashing takedown lights for day running. I prefer LED light bars but some agencies do not have the money to spend over "A grand" on a good light bar ( some inexpensive LED light bars are not sealed really good and get moisture inside the lenses )

I can say with honesty.....you most always - More than less = need adequate emergency lighting on "A scene".

On an interstate...you can never have enough warning power. Even some drivers neglect the Law Enforcement cruiser next to the Engine and the Rescue, and still continue to drive at regular highways speeds past Emergency Personnel on the Interstate.

I ran a car accident last night. THANK GOD for LED emergency light bars equipped with alley and takedown lights.

FF-Medic !!!

Last edited:

Jay911

Feed Provider
In Regina, they have to deal with two things you probably don't encounter in the Appalachians - moose wandering out into traffic, and people with carved-out watermelons on their heads. They need the halogen of the Vector bars for its luminosity. ;)

ff-medic

Banned
RFD new Aerial's are in Station's: #4, #6 and #7. The new Pumpers are in Station's: #1, #2, #3, and #4
Here's a good picture or one of the new Aerial's Regina Fire has received. (Sorry but I couldn't attach the image as it was to big)

http://spartanchassis.com/er/ftdel/669/DSC01121.JPG

And here are 2 of there new Pumpers

http://spartanchassis.com/er/ftdel/668/DSC02029.JPG

---------------------------------------------------

http://spartanchassis.com/er/ftdel/669/DSC01121.JPG

No plumbing ( Discharge especially ) on the front bumper. Seems odd to me.

FF - Medic !!!

Jay911

Feed Provider
No plumbing ( Discharge especially ) on the front. Seems odd to me.

Things are done differently in Canada. My department's primary pumper has three crosslays at waist height under the crew compartment, and extra discharges on the two side panels of the pump house. It costs a lot to plumb a line forward, around the motor, under the cab, to the front bumper, and the gain is not all that large, especially in a region that sees temps of -40° yearly.

ff-medic

Banned
In Regina, they have to deal with two things you probably don't encounter in the Appalachians - moose wandering out into traffic, and people with carved-out watermelons on their heads. They need the halogen of the Vector bars for its luminosity. ;)

( laugh ).

Ahhhhhhh. The Canadians. I was in Germany ( Military Exercise ) with a Canadian. French Canadian actually. Lemieux ( Spelling = ??? / Pronounced La-Meu ). A great guy. Short, stocky, mustache, and went through cans of Copenhagen like no ones business.

Halogen light bars are not that bad......but most lack that "Piercing".

In day time.....you need all you can get - Halogen with the flashing take down lights.

I worked a Car accident last night. ME.....being smart only turned on the red lights on the truck. It was about 2 am, or there abouts. My partner turned on not only the LED flashing lights.....but the Flashing take down lights also. It darn near blinded me.

FF- Medic !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.