Make feed not visable during startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

VFCC

Feed Provider
Is there a way to set a feed to not be visible to the world for the purpose of testing? My primary thought is for startup testing. As far as I can tell, as soon as I start broadcasting, the feed will be visible to the world. This makes start up testing kinda hard as there is no way to prevent the world from listening while getting audio levels set, making sure alpha tagging is working correctly, and any number of other start up issues. It would be nice to be able to test and if needed resolve any issues before the world even sees your feed.

I'm asking this because I am just at the point of starting testing on an official agency feed that I REALLY want to sound RIGHT before anyone but me is able to listen to it.

hamptonguy

Premium Subscriber
I haven't seen an option like that, but you can always set a status message on the radio feed admin pages (under the general details tab) that will appear both in the feed index and on the webpage that displays the web player.

I know that's not really an answer to your question about preventing users from listening, but it's an option so that folks know to expect less than optimal audio during the adjustment period.

VFCC

Feed Provider
Thanks for the response. I had seen that option of course, but was hoping for something that really blocked visibility until I've completed testing and am fully ready to go.

richtidd

Database Admin
Is there a way to set a feed to not be visible to the world for the purpose of testing? My primary thought is for startup testing. As far as I can tell, as soon as I start broadcasting, the feed will be visible to the world. This makes start up testing kinda hard as there is no way to prevent the world from listening while getting audio levels set, making sure alpha tagging is working correctly, and any number of other start up issues. It would be nice to be able to test and if needed resolve any issues before the world even sees your feed.

I'm asking this because I am just at the point of starting testing on an official agency feed that I REALLY want to sound RIGHT before anyone but me is able to listen to it.

We cannot do this. At least, not at this time.

We have not yet implemented the $14.95 per month Premium Feed Broadcaster services that includes the ability for a private feed.

Best is to set a feed status message that you are in testing phase & setting audio levels on your feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.