PRO 96 Frequency Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulv23

My Pro96 appears to be off frequency by 6.25 khz.

For example, in entering an EDACS 800 mhz trunk, I must add .00625 mhz to each frequency for the scanner to operate clearly.

I noticed an earlier thread from last year where someone was having a similar problem with a Pro 95, and it was fixed by a slight tweak of TC1.

Any suggestions for my Pro96?

Thanks.

kma371

QRT
Maybe you have the step different than the default in that band?

6.25 kHZ is the default

paulv23

Don't believe the step can be programmed for EDACS trunking.

I think a trimmer capacitor may have become out of adjustment, due to dropping the unit. Or it could need a complete IF realignment, but would like to try a simple fix before sending it away for repairs.

Any idea where TC1 might be?

PRO-96 Realign?

I lost my P25 ability to track - down to 0% to 2%; BUT when I put in the control channel 0.00625 lower it was showing about 70%-80%, but obviously the other channels are off frequency as well when it tracks to them. Is there a 'user-configurable' adjustment to tweak the 800MHz frequency back up the 6.25KHz that it lowered itself to?
Thanks.

Thanks Ronaldski: Cranking VR4 with an eyeglasses screwdriver moved the P25 decode from 0% back up to the 50%-60% range before I ran out of adjustment of VR4- so other than the motorboating of the P25 CQPSK simulcast system, it's a semi-usable radio again! Thanks for the pointers. Also, it did NOT throw VHF off-frequency (WX is still on) but it DID reduce my 99% 3600baud 800 single site system down to the 70% range, so it does do some strange things to the PRO-96 radio.

Last edited:

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Yer welcome! I have done a few myself and it doesn't effect as you say WX range of frequencies. Here in MI our MPSCS doesn't use 3600 baud, and the adjustments work well here.
Yep the motorboating is just there not much if anything you can do to it. I had the 96 before and I noticed less of it happening with 1.2 firmware, and more with the 1.4.

I came to the conclusion and agree with some of the old forum posts here that essentially agree its a 1st generation digital quirks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.