Pro-197 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfhjarne

I am having trouble getting the audio to come through my scanner clearly. I'd say about 3/4 of the time, you just hear muffled voices come through, but after pushing the scan button once or twice, it comes in clearly. I'm not sure if it is just not coming in well where I am, or if I'm doing something wrong. I just have the antenna it came with, and am listening inside my house. I am in Tolland County, CT trying to listen to low-band fire and EMS communications. here is a video of it that may show you better than I can describe it. If the link doesn't work, use the URL.

pro-197 Video by Charles - Myspace Video

dwgelle

If you are using software to program the scanner there is a "Boost audio" box you can select for channels and talkgroups. Can give that a try. But it is very odd that it is doing that. It may be some tpye of audio board problem. I also almosts sounds like it goes into AM mode. Very weird.

ackeith1

low audio

did you ever get this fixed. i got pro 197 and my ems and fire channels are 155.115 the fire page is 154.325 there audio is slow low almost cant hear them but the p25 stuff is loud and clear. i did the audio boost in the win500 but digit help any

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Are those channels narrowband, by any chance? Check the database and see if the mode is 'NFM'. If so, reprogram them accordingly

Mike

ackeith1

low audio

yes they are set at nfm ctcss for one channel and search no pl tone the other two. so do i set there to FM.

thanks for the fast reply

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PRO-197

I do have a 197 and the mobile equivalent PSR-500. I've found this is just the way it is for some channels. I also understand that the change between FM and NFM does not affect the volume (like it should when properly designed).

Status
Not open for further replies.