Clinton County switching to MARCS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

r_eugene1

I know that Clinton County has just recently re banded their 800mhz system (EDACS Standard) earlier this month. But during a recent "Disaster Drill" the head of the EMA in Clinton County said that the drill was a success with the exception of the communications system.

He stated that the county needs to up date their system to the P25 system, due to the fact that there wasn't enough channels for all of the responders to communicate. And also that the radio system was 10-15 years old and were in dire need of being replaced.

Does anyone have any information on this.

16b

Premium Subscriber
I don't know anything about Clinton County, but:

1) P25 doesn't have anything to do with the number of channels in the system, and
2) 10-15 years is not old, especially for a trunking system that many hundreds of thousands of dollars were spent on.

r_eugene1

New Communications system for Clinton County?

An interesting article appeared in our local paper that I thought I'd pass along. It seems like Clinton County may be going forward with a new communications system for Clinton County.
Earlier this year Clinton County held an emergency drill and commissioner Randy Riley stated that the current system is in dire need of repair and or update. Stating that communications during the event were sparse between the EMS/Fire and law enforcement officials.
The mention of erecting new/more towers makes me think that they may be looking at going to the MARCS P25 system. They are currently operating on the EDACS Standard system.
Just thought I'd pass along the info.

County hiring consultant to survey emergency communications

Last edited:

r_eugene1

An interesting article appeared in our local paper that I thought I'd pass along. It seems like Clinton County may be going forward with a new communications system for Clinton County.
Earlier this year Clinton County held an emergency drill and commissioner Randy Riley stated that the current system is in dire need of repair and or update. Stating that communications during the event were sparse between the EMS/Fire and law enforcement officials.
The mention of erecting new/more towers makes me think that they may be looking at going to the MARCS P25 system. They are currently operating on the EDACS Standard system.
Just thought I'd pass along the info.

County hiring consultant to survey emergency communications
This is an update to my previous post "see above quote". Its seems like Clinton County has jumped on the MARCS. Not sure if or when any move will take place. If a switch to MARCS takes place I'll need to save up money for a digital scanner.

Should county upgrade its towers or partner with state?

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
That was (is) my thought on it exactly. All that would have to be done is to add more talk groups.

Incorrect. One can't just add talkgroups on a 6-channel trunked system and expect the system to handle the load; they still have only five voice channels available, no matter how many talkgroups are added.

The same is true for MARCS, if they were to join that. Assuming they add their channels to the Wilmington MARCS site, they're still limited in how many talkgroups they can use based upon the number of users and the number of available voice channels (which would be nine).

GrimSleeper

9 Fire District Tones

I think the 1153* TGs for Fire District Tones are mistakenly listed in the Database under Clermont instead of Clinton County

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Thanks for pointing that out. I believe you are right. I've never heard Clemont using "Fire Districts". I'll make the correction.

TedRHayes

I've noticed on UniTrunker that the as of now un-labeled site 001-031, on 852.225, shows up as a peer to the Greene Co Simulcast site (001-012) on the Ohio MARCS-IP system. The 852.225 frequency is licensed to Clinton County.

I can get a very weak continuous signal from my location, but not enough to decode. Suspect it will start to be active soon, and we may soon be seeing some Clinton Co talkgroups showing up on the Greene Co Simulcast site.

dalan57

Premium Subscriber
clinton

today our county changed over to the marcs system, was wondering how soon we will be able to see the new freq.

sopranosno1

I may be in clinton county friday. I will search out new talk groups. Hopefully someone closer will do it before i will.

r_eugene1

852.22500 is the control channel listed in the database. I drove through the area a couple weeks ago and there was data on that channel.

I was wondering if the FCC issues new frequencies when an agency moves to a different system in the case from the EDACS system to the MARCS. The 852.22500 frequency is one that was used on the EDACS system. I was just curious as I have not got a digital scanner to monitor them as of yet.

Frequencies of the old EDACS system.

Clinton County OH Trunking System, Wilmington, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies

I also found these new frequencies that could be associated with MARCS.

ULS License - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Trunked License - WQVE898 - CLINTON, COUNTY OF - Frequencies Summary

Not sure if this info is correct or not just thought I'd pass it along.

Status
Not open for further replies.