Need help with digital frequency on BC785D

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulBalentine

I am trying to figure out how to program a digital frequency into my BC785D scanner I can't seem to figure it out. It DOES have the optional APCO 25 card installed.
Thank You,

Paul

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I am trying to figure out how to program a digital frequency into my BC785D scanner I can't seem to figure it out. It DOES have the optional APCO 25 card installed.
Thank You,

Paul
Program the same as any conventional frequency. The card will provide the correct audio.

If digital freq is part of a trunking system then program it and all other freqs of system according to trunking rules of analog systems. If system is Smartzone you can use Control Channel (CC) rules found on page 66 of OM.

EDIT: If system is rebanded then the 785 can't follow trunking on new freqs.

Last edited:

PaulBalentine

The frequency is not part of a trunking system. My FD uses a single digital channel for "talk around" and "BSing" I was hoping to hear it in the house as I only have it in my mobile radio in the truck. I have the Digital network key? or the number to get the digital transmissions.......It is essentially the same as my Dept's Channel 1 except it is digital.....

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
The frequency is not part of a trunking system. My FD uses a single digital channel for "talk around" and "BSing" I was hoping to hear it in the house as I only have it in my mobile radio in the truck. I have the Digital network key? or the number to get the digital transmissions.......It is essentially the same as my Dept's Channel 1 except it is digital.....
Digital Network not required. Program as FM w/o any tones as Steve mentioned.

Soundman

What city are you try to use your APCO 25 for the bc 785d card work for the low 3600 baud .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.