Gahanna and Bexley PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

phatboy48

Does anybody know if Gahanna and Bexley PD may have gone over to encryption or possibly changed TGID in the last week or so? I haven't noticed them on my feed for several days now.

Thanks

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I am receiving them fine on my scanner. I just heard "some" Gahanna on your feed, while listening live.
You have got so much on your feed it is virtually impossible to follow anything. When scanning too much, after an exchange, the scanner scans on and stops on an unrelated transmission in another county and never has time to scan back around.

Last edited:

phatboy48

That is why I removed the CPD dispatch channels. They just have too much air time. My idea is to concentrate on the suburbs and some adjacent counties which aren't well covered by other feeds. I am considering dropping the Delaware County and possibly Columbus Fire since they are now covered elsewhere. My reason for keeping CFD is that they handle dispatching for a number of the adjacent areas as well as Columbus. You will note that only the dispatch groups are covered.

There are those who prefer a one-stop approach to get a general idea of what's going on area-wide by listening to one feed. To each his own. If all the traffic on my feed spurs others to add single-agency feeds then so much the better.

phatboy48

Problem turned out to be caused by programming software corruption. Downloaded new copy of MARCS software, load into new system on scanner and lost talkgroups have been restored.

Status
Not open for further replies.