Aero med frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

DODGEIT

I looked in the database and I didn't see any other posts on this so I am asking if anyone knows Aero Meds dispatch frequencies and do they have a repeater that they use like Bayflight does in the Sarasota area?

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I don't know why it was taken out of the database, but AreoMed is on 461.525 mHz CTCSS 141.3 in Hillsborough. They also have a talkgroup on the Polk P25 TRS.

DODGEIT

I talked to one of their flight medics today and he said they also use 155.340 simplex when going to counties they don't have agreements with for using an 800 mhz frequency. This is between the helicopter and TGH base

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Many of those types of freqs are listed in the state pages, for state-wide usage, and not at the county of origin.

kayleesdad

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Is 464.4750 CT 67 Tampa General? They seem to reference TPD from time to time. It seems to be a common hospital frequency in the area. Security, no transport though.

kayleesdad

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I apologize, I should have started a different thread with the 464.475 question.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
I third the 461.525 as their primary (I installed it). They also use vhf 155.340 (as does almost everyone in the area, sometimes sounds like CB). Last I was up in the radio room, we unplugged the low band because they let the license expire and decided not to renew. They also have base radios tied to trunking systems AND tone remote radios tied over IP links to distant radio systems (for those radio systems not in range of their tower on top of the hospital). This is of course all tied into their console (not a "Baker Audio" console system like the Baycare Hospitals use..). TT

ke4crc

Premium Subscriber
I looked in the database and I didn't see any other posts on this so I am asking if anyone knows Aero Meds dispatch frequencies and do they have a repeater that they use like Bayflight does in the Sarasota area?
I cant say any thing about any other Areomed's but Polk Counties Areomed 4 uses Med 9 & 5156 on the Polk county 800 system

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Has anyone heard anything on 155.340 (Air Secondary) lately? I've been listening off and on for a week or two and haven't heard a peep.

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
Very low power but BF 2 and others use this for Blake on trauma alerts. Very low power on Blake's end. Very hard to pickup Blake even in Sarasota.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Ok, I guess Air Secondary isn't used for flight following that much anymore. Thanks for the replies, gentlemen.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Copy that. Knew it was over there, just haven't heard it get the use it once did over here.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
TGH Aeromed specifically may be using the radio less as their new aircraft have satellite phones. This places less demand on the NEED for 2 way radio comms as they move from place to place. But, they still have an extensive voip network linking many trunked radio systems into their radio console. Further, as many of these P25 systems start to link together through the ISSI, you will see some interesting things happen as users from one county can roam to many places across the state.......TT

Status
Not open for further replies.