New St. Francis Co. AWIN TGID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
I have been hearing traffic on TGID 20402 consistent with traffic heard of SFCO conventional dispatch.

I also think that they have mobile data terminals as well. A deputy last night was talking to dispatch and she seemed to be walking him through the contents of his display (data on-screen). He sounded like he was new to using it.

btritch

I have been hearing traffic on TGID 20402 consistent with traffic heard of SFCO conventional dispatch.

I also think that they have mobile data terminals as well. A deputy last night was talking to dispatch and she seemed to be walking him through the contents of his display (data on-screen). He sounded like he was new to using it.
Jackson County got those MDT's about the time they migrated to full AWIN, Now they use AWIN for Radio Traffic and the old Conventional very seldom for backup and mainly for data communications so it very well maybe the case.
That's the same way I found Mississippi and Poinsett Counties.. By putting the two together so you may be right. It very well could be.. I wouldn't be surprised, That's one of the few counties that we have listed as an SO in the Database so it's possible.. I can't hear Troop D Towers from here so I can't help ya with it but maybe someone around the Troop D area can..

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Nice catch, and yep thats SFCSO, and again right on target in the TG range for them.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Nice catch, and yep thats SFCSO, and again right on target in the TG range for them.

Catching them on both the Shell Lake & Fair Oaks towers.....depends on which side of the ridge I'm on. I knew it had to be them because of the TG range - seemed logical.

Heard them again this morning on my way to work. BOLO for an old man lost in I-40.

I think they're for the Drug Interdiction Units that work I-40 either side of Forrest City and out in the county.

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
Catching them on both the Shell Lake & Fair Oaks towers.....depends on which side of the ridge I'm on. I knew it had to be them because of the TG range - seemed logical.

Heard them again this morning on my way to work. BOLO for an old man lost in I-40.

I think they're for the Drug Interdiction Units that work I-40 either side of Forrest City and out in the county.

Is Fair Oaks the same as Wynne that's listed in the DB?

btritch

i was in jonesboro and couldnt hear a thing.
You won't from Jonesboro. Different Area, Wynne is Troop D, Jonesboro Is Troop C. It's a different set of Frequencies.. and unless you have an actual radio you won't hear it. A scanner only monitors TG's in range and that would be over Troop D towers, Jonesboro is Troop C. I can't hear State Police Troop B Either from troop C area and I wish I could. Now if you had Troop C Frequencies and weren't hearing a thing we have a problem because all of jonesboro and almost all of craighead county are on awin along with state.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Actualllyyyy..... No matter WHAT tower your monitoring, if ANY trooper from ANY district is close enough to affiliate with that tower, you WILL hear thier dispatch, and TAC TG's. Same is true for ANY AWIN radio that gets close enough to affiliate. I used to live in Garland Co, and thats Troop K... But on a regular basis, I could hear almost any of the other Troops units as they iether passed through on the way to Little Rock, transferred to the Troop K area for some reason or another for an assignment, or were there for an interop exercise. Plus I could always lock out the Troop K towers, and scan the Troop A towers that are also close to Hot Springs area, and get a whole other world of TG's, including Troop K still as the K area covers all the way to the Troop A line, and son on... :)

Once again, any AWIN radio that gets close enough to affiliate with the tower your monitoring, and youll hear any traffic broadcast on it.

btritch

Actualllyyyy..... No matter WHAT tower your monitoring, if ANY trooper from ANY district is close enough to affiliate with that tower, you WILL hear thier dispatch, and TAC TG's. Same is true for ANY AWIN radio that gets close enough to affiliate. I used to live in Garland Co, and thats Troop K... But on a regular basis, I could hear almost any of the other Troops units as they iether passed through on the way to Little Rock, transferred to the Troop K area for some reason or another for an assignment, or were there for an interop exercise. Plus I could always lock out the Troop K towers, and scan the Troop A towers that are also close to Hot Springs area, and get a whole other world of TG's, including Troop K still as the K area covers all the way to the Troop A line, and son on... :)

Once again, any AWIN radio that gets close enough to affiliate with the tower your monitoring, and youll hear any traffic broadcast on it.

Well that's true. I forgot about that.. I don't hear much of that nor the statewide comms up here in extreme NE AR. If I got farther south I hear more, I knew that I just forgot about that.. Thanks for reminding and correcting me..

Status
Not open for further replies.