Can't broadcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

a747mech

Using a pro 106 and both RS cables recommended in the set up instructions. RR shows me online and the scanner is broadcasting but nothing is apparently going through to RR. I tried the blue in line connection on my computer and the mic connection and neither works. Confused and trying to get Stockton, CA online.

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
If you are using the provided Broadcaster from RR check to make sure the right sound input is selected in the program. Let me know what happens

a747mech

I looked at the input and when using the mic connection I also use the mic input. Did notice on the status page when I am offline with RR I have a status of: Scanner connection OK. As soon as Hook up and get the online icon I have the message: Not communicating with scanner.

rick3d

I am in the same boat except it shows my communication as "audio only selected which i guess is ok and RR connection says sending OK to server. However I still can't hear on line. I have a BC950 with the tape out to the mic in on computor I have audio coming out of the scanner but nothing on the computor when I go on line to check out.
Rick

a747mech

Hope someone out there has a solution. I guess after so many days RR drops you completely. Really want to go online. I don't understand why my connection is OK until I try to broadcast on RR and it then says there is no connection.

rick3d

Have reinstalled RR software, plugged and unplugged line in/tape out several times, status says sending OK...still can't hear online thru web. any other ideas?

rick3d

I don't know why it's working but I switched to a bc400 and am going thru the ext speaker plug and it is working. The volume is a little low but it acceptable.

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
Are you guys trying to setup a feed with Alpha tags? If you do this you need both the Data cable and an Audio cable plugged into the scanner.

a747mech

Really trying to get going. I just wish to send the audio feed only and have the cables called for in the RR setup guide. Totally confused why my scanner is OK until I log into the RR site and the status turns to the red no connection message.

flickn

Feed Provider
are you running some type of antivirus that could cause a block ?

a747mech

I for sure don't have AVG installed. (New computer that came with Norton.) Not going to run any other programs when transmitting since it will be debicated to RR. I just don't know what to try next and completely why scanner to computer status is OK but then goes to no connection when I tr

flickn

Feed Provider
click on start >control panel>sound make sure line on computer is recognized and unmuted

a747mech

Will try the proscan tomorrow. Did go through the setup several times per the post. Same ole thing. Scanner connection OK on status until I go to broadcast. Then it goes red and informs me no connection in the status. I can see some (very little) activity with the red broadcast bars and my scanner is broadcasting. Not batteries, using external power. I receive other stations 5 by 5.

flickn

Feed Provider
I think you will have much better luck with the radiofeed software from proscan ... what operating system on your new computer are you using ????
/
"

flickn

Feed Provider
i see that it is live , something in your sound propertys for windows 7 is muted

Status
Not open for further replies.