• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Oh now Ive seen it all!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD0OTK

Hmm. I wonder what the range is ^.^. Probably not great. It's nice, but from the picture it looks like I would be needing to learn Chinese.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
This is freakin nuts! :lol: Do I want one...um no.
Quite a novelty though.

n9zas

gewecke

Banned
Ya know, I am curious to know how / or if that thing is designed to work on U.S. cellular networks ?
It might even be interesting to read a review on it if one is available.

n9zas

thomasfd13

Look at the RF Power output.... VHF/UHF 1.8w.... Either you you have to be standing under the repeater or Simplex in your neighbors yard. Looks like it has 2 batteries, a 2000MAH for the 2way and a 750MAH for the phone... Nice conversation piece though..

Review seems like they are just quoting what the specs are with not a good or bad review. But I can't read Spanish either.. Just putting bits and pieces together..

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; DROID2 GLOBAL Build/S273) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Here is the translated review.

Who does it ever occurred had such a team? With existing technology had been slow to market a team with these essential features in life today.

Why the big brands are taking monochrome display devices with LCD dot matrix display instead of color or TFT LCD? Only the more expensive equipment from the government line have color screen Motorola such as the robust tactical radio APX-7000 and XTS-4000 discreet that resembles a Nextel radio. Y Series digital brand also has its models Hytera PD-786 and PD-796 (http:// www.hyteramexico.com/ productos/dmr/pd886.html), which is similar to the "Interphone" Good going the experience with the Radio "Interphone" I feel very comfortable, easy to use and convenient, with basic functions such as: Dual Band, TX and RX capability in cross-band analog and digital tones.

Pro's: Dual Band VHF-UHF band Cell Phone Straps included Supports 2 SIM cards have a camera MP3 player

Cons: To use the camera can only be in cellular mode (the radio uses 2 rear decks, one for the camera and another that Radio-Phone becomes) Low power only 2 watts at full load is not full duplex What I want: That was May check out a full duplex model with 5 watts even bigger and some of the big names they can think out a model similar perhaps exceed it, as they manage technology in Japan. However, it is a very good team at an acceptable cost and where China also shows that they do things such as quality shows they have space agency, nuclear weapons and secret Stealth aircraft.

Last edited:

ksphotoguy

I'll stick with my philosophy of a seperate device for each function. Don't like the idea of putting all my eggs in one basket, if ya know what I mean.

K9WG

OH GREAT! It's bad enough that they package FRS with GMRS but to package a cell phone/MP2 player with Amateur/commercial frequencies....

(And yes, 1.8 watts will very easily access amateur repeaters)

zz0468

QRT
Banned
I'm sure there's an old thread on here from someone looking for just such a device. :lol:

LtDoc

There are more than one cell phone used in the USA that have/can have the same 'push to talk' feature, and a use as a hand-talky. I can see instances where that might come in handy. I can also go along with the absence of a flashlight being a 'deal breaker'!
- 'Doc

gewecke

Banned
It doesn't have a flashlight, so, that's a deal breaker for me!

No, but it might just have "hanna montanna ringtones? :roll:

I respectfully decline from that purchase.

n9zas

VA3QRM

Multifunction mediocrity @ it's best! They will sell a million of them.

but no corkscrew.."tweezers".....toothpick?

krokus

Premium Subscriber
GSM is used by AT&T and T-Mobile, so the phone might work with their networks.

If this phone were available with a US 3G CDMA technology, I might consider it. It would almost be worth it, just to see the looks on people's faces. :)

K9WG

dante.jpg

Alas, Virgil, I thought this thread was dead and buried....

Verily I say Dante', is anything ever really dead and buried on RadioReference.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.