Yuma County

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
Took a trip to Yuma for a couple of days. Posted some info for the YRCS and federal systems for the DB.

Here are some general observations...

Noted no activity on any of the VHF freqs in the RR DB, except Rural Metro. Looks like routine ops migrated to the trunked system.

YRCS: Mobile units on monitored agencies are encrypted; Dispatch for Yuma PD and FD, Tri Valley EMS and YCSO were monitored in the clear; Quechan tribe dispatch and field units both in the clear.

MCAS Yuma: this system was all in the clear and very active.

Yuma Proving Grounds: this system is heavily encrypted, with range clearances and maintenance the notable exceptions. Also a busy system.

The Sand Diego Imperial County RCS system is easily heard in the area, with Imperial County traffic.

traildraft

Premium Subscriber
I did a search for this very topic. I am visiting Yuma this weekend and was wondering why mobile PD units were unreadable.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
This week I did notice that DPS CID was using the YRCS here in the Valley and it was not simulcast cast as I monitor the UHF on a different radio.

E5911

Premium Subscriber
just got the word thru work Yuma county Sheriff has pulled the 158.730 out of the consoles and all vhf equipment has been pulled from cars.
that was the last of the vhf at the sheriff office. AIRS is still monitored.

2wayfreq

just got the word thru work Yuma county Sheriff has pulled the 158.730 out of the consoles and all vhf equipment has been pulled from cars.
that was the last of the vhf at the sheriff office. AIRS is still monitored.

Obviously a "Cut Over" is imminent. There should be some new talk groups popping up soon, be ready :). Hopefully its "D" and not "E" LOL.

epn440

It seems YCSO has gone full encryption. All the other mention above can be heard I have not YFD for a couple days now so I am wonduring if they went ENC or moved channels.

epn440

Yuma fire dispatch 132 tgid

I have confirm they have encrypted the dispatch channel for Yuma Fire so no more listening to there traffic. I have removed from my feed.

E5911

Premium Subscriber
the console side was in the clear, in the beginning, but they are changing the consoles out for all agencies and instituting a new records system and cad along with a county wide MDT system to replace the current system. Again, all agency specific TGs are encrypted and mututal aid TGs are in the clear including TG 500(all call)
Though no one is supposed to share TGs and mututal aid incidents are supposed to go to a Countywide tac, most agencies have thier neighbors TGs so very little is on the mutual aid TGs.

E5911

Premium Subscriber
additionally, Rural Metro, pending approval from corperate is moving to YRCS and off VHF. In about a year........

epn440

Well they open the dispatch channels back up and you can hear dispatch again on YCSO 205 and YFD 132 glad to see they work again I have enabled them back on the Yuma County feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.