Paul Opitz Upman and Uniden thank you thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitbr

I thought it would be nice to show our appreciation for Paul's hard work on the firmware updates for the Home Patrol scanner.

I will start, as I have stated before it is so refreshing to have a company as large as Uniden LISTEN to the user base of a product. Allot of this has to do with Paul's hard work . Lets hope it will continue.Thanks Paul.

Please let him know how much you appreciate all his hard work.
Tim
kg4jjs

Last edited:

KC9NEG

I've already done so, both in print and with my wallet ;) (the pre-purchase discount even incited me to buy a second HP-1).

Last edited:

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
I agree totally. Thanks for brining innovative products to market. I had no issues with the downloads or upgrades.

I can't wait to take it to one of the local airports and 'go fishing'. With all of the automated recording and logging features, this is going to be like shooting fish in a barrell. ;) (Note to TSA and DHS, I don't actually intend to shoot anything. :))

Now we need to start a new feature request list. ;)

KI4VBR

Premium Subscriber
Raised The Bar

I think Paul has set a fine example of how to "listen" to your customers and then "deliver" (within reason). Both the customer and Uniden have both taken away value here.

There are so many tech companies out there who have product development people and marketing people who never even think of speaking to the "other side". I watched most all of the HP1 conversations develop here and take off in all kinds of positive directions.

This experience turned into a great customer service model that could teach others how to connect with their clients. It would teach them how to incite innovation, gain a competitive edge, strengthen their client relationships and increase marketshare. I think all of those were accomplished here. (that's your plug Paul)

Sorry for all the wind above, but I really do think we all were part of something special here and more companies should take note to how this social networking thing actually works.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Vince

yukon

Premium Subscriber
Total agreement with all the kind words

I would also like to thank Paul and Uniden for all their hard work! I also find it very amazing to see a company that follows through on their word as to when they set a delivery date. I have been waiting for another company to come out with the next generation of dual band high speed wireless router, for the last six to eights months, all their web site shows is "coming soon". At least when Uniden said the middle of August, the update was actually delivered "the middle of August. Thanks again to Uniden and to Paul for all the hard work and the "extra" you tube videos for their Product.

bgav

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Paul and the rest of the Uniden HP-1 Team. The recent update and Extreme Edition upgrade add incredible stand-alone capabilities to the HP-1 for advanced scanning and analysis at an excellent value proposition. The HP-1 is truly an innovative product that is appealing to people just entering the hobby as well as long-time enthusiasts.

rwier

Premium Subscriber
Two Weeks in Hell

I thought it would be nice to show our appreciation for Paul's hard work on the firmware updates for the Home Patrol scanner.

I will start, as I have stated before it is so refreshing to have a company as large as Uniden LISTEN to the user base of a product. Allot of this has to do with Paul's hard work . Lets hope it will continue.Thanks Paul.

Please let him know how much you appreciate all his hard work.
Tim
kg4jjs

I wanted to post this on the Uniden site, but I was afraid I would have gotten slapped around (probably deservedly) by the admin's, lol. Hopefully, here, it will by on topic.

Read the threads just on this one page.

TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL

Go on, I dare you to complete the task!

This/these convoluted converstaion/s (well, at least a half conversation) should be memorialized somewhere as THE ULTIMATE example of patience, restraint, commitment, and maybe compassion, in customer service, anywhere, anytime.

hjvan

Premium Subscriber
I am sure Paul appreciates your alls comments, but the fact is Uniden is a business - and it's all about the bottom line. All the back slapping and high fiving in the world isn't going to have much of an effect. The money is what talks. So thank Uniden and Paul with your wallet. Because at the end of the day, the only way these types of products and "upgrades" continue to happen is if Uniden is making a big enough profit to make it worth their while.

OCO

You know, I used to spend (vote) a lot of money with Sony, Radio Shack, Dell etc. Not one of those companies made an effort to listen to what I wanted.. This is a niche market and yet Uniden America has chosen to dedicate a good portion of an employee's time to interface with us - and not only on their company supplied site, but where the action is, on RR. Is this just a sales ploy? Damn smart if it is - but they seem to have put someone in that position that "gets it". Note the times of day and night that he's checking and answering posts; read some of the sour grapes he's handed (Including a couple from me) and go look at some of the posts on the Uniden site where he hung in there with things like registration problems. I don't have a problem tipping the hat to him - heck, if the other "big two" responded the same way I'd give them a nod too.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I am sure Paul appreciates your alls comments, but the fact is Uniden is a business - and it's all about the bottom line. All the back slapping and high fiving in the world isn't going to have much of an effect. The money is what talks. So thank Uniden and Paul with your wallet. Because at the end of the day, the only way these types of products and "upgrades" continue to happen is if Uniden is making a big enough profit to make it worth their while.

Sorry, but I've got to jump in and say that this is a pretty misguided remark.

The fact that Paul is even allowed to participate on the forums in such an active role with such a dynamic user community is something within itself.

As someone who has worked for many large corporations that were client facing (IBM for example) - there is NO WAY I would have been permitted to provide support and answer questions and solicit feedback from a user community in public like he has done.

I'm willing to bet that he points this thread out to his bosses to help reaffirm and solidify what he is doing as being positive for Uniden overall. These days all it takes is one bad news negative thread in a public forum that a company representative had participated in to have that turtle go right back into it's shell.

Uplink

Sorry, but I've got to jump in and say that this is a pretty misguided remark.

The fact that Paul is even allowed to participate on the forums in such an active role with such a dynamic user community is something within itself.

As someone who has worked for many large corporations that were client facing (IBM for example) - there is NO WAY I would have been permitted to provide support and answer questions and solicit feedback from a user community in public like he has done.

I'm willing to bet that he points this thread out to his bosses to help reaffirm and solidify what he is doing as being positive for Uniden overall. These days all it takes is one bad news negative thread in a public forum that a company representative had participated in to have that turtle go right back into it's shell.

I agree Lindsay. Companies are terrible nowadays when it comes to getting input from an end user. I suffer from this lack of communication at my work all the time.

THANK YOU PAUL!!!:D

nkryptd

Show Him Da' Money!

ATTENTION: Uniden CFMIC's

Has Mr. Opitz's MEGA RAISE IN PAY been approved yet ?

ATTENTION: Mr Opitz: Take a break man- You Have Earned It!!!!

Thanks for Christmas In August,

KJ4FAV

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Thank you to Paul and Uniden for the great service and support. In fact I'll be sending in one of my scanners for a repair very soon. I know it will be fixed promptly and back to me as good as new for an awesome flat rate. I'll never buy anything else.

BearMan54

Thanks Uniden....!

The fact that Uniden allowed Paul to be on the form is what moved me to buy Uniden this time.... And after I got my 396xt and saw how everyone was being allowed to participate in the development of the HomePatrol I knew it would turn out to be a heck of a scanner & that is what caused me to sell the 396xt & get a HP......

Thanks Uniden & Paul thanks for your service & long hours, together ya'll won me over on a Uniden again.....!

And how many products in your home made by a company as large as Uniden can you jump on the net & get personal help from an employee that can actually make a difference....?
Non, you usually send an email & wait DAYS or WEEKS to hear something back..... Or call & talk to someone in a foreign country for 2 or 3 hours.....

Yup, Uniden has made a very large statement as far as I'm concerned .....!!

Last edited:

adamr368

Premium Subscriber
I would like to throw in my thanks as well - Paul is a great asset to Uniden and to us in the scanner community!

Status
Not open for further replies.