Lake County Ohio - Scanner Problem 9.27.2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

smanturn

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know why the is no police radio traffic on the scanner? Did the frequencies change?

doc832

There in there somewhere

Just got a call from my Brother in Law saying there was nothing on the scanner today. I checked mine and there was no trunking or talk groups showing? Anyone with any idea how to get the new system working it would be great to hear from you. I have searched everything and found nothing.
I can hear them but no talk group shows. Like the old days its all random.
Thanks doc832

joe31800

Premium Subscriber
Same problem here.

In manual mode you can grab calls one at a time, but with no ID's. The trunking systems is just not trunking.
I have been reading that Lake County was going to be upgrading their radio systems. I hope this is not part of that. That means another $500 scanner upgrade, if the new system is even available.
Who knows, maybe a temporary glitch. Love to hear from someone "in the know"

updown1

Premium Subscriber
Where did Lake County go?

Doc,

You are receiving more than I am. I get absolutely nothing, no talk groups, no sound of any kind. I wasn't sure if i was the only one because I recently made some changes to my setup, but last night Lake County was up and working so i figured I check the boards and see if there were others having a problem. I'm sure that someone will know what to do and post a reply soon. Thanks in advance.

Mark

kc8rak

I am getting the CC on the reband freq of 854.9875 M36:7E26 77% on my Pro 96 in Mentor on the lake. Entered all the reband freqs that was posted in FM mode but very little traffic. Getting some digital voice but not much.

From 8/21 posting

Those are for conventional systems, not the trunking system.

The rebanding license application for the trunking system has not been granted yet:

ULS Application - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Trunked - 0004843314 - LAKE, COUNTY OF - Radio Dept.

After rebanding all the 851 to 853 MHz frequencies, which includes all four control channels, will be replaced with:

854.9875 *

Expect the new control channel list to be four of the above new frequencies. If your scanner stops working I would check these to see if one of them is the new control channel.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
If there is somebody within range who can monitor the current control channel with Unitrunker or Trunk88 and give us the details [to be sure of current freqs in use], please do so and submit the info to the RRDB.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I added the currently active control channel 854.9875 to the Primary site for Lake Co in the DB.

It is important that somebody with the ability to monitor the system with a trunking program do so and get a listing of the actual frequencies in use in the system as well as any note of what the rotating control channels are.

This is important because not all frequencies associated with the license are used on the trunked system itself, at least not historically.

mike

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Whew, I was getting a little worried there. I can easily hear the new CC, and will try to run UT tonight.

joe31800

Premium Subscriber
Its working now with those new frequencies listed above. I added all 8 frequencies and it appears to have solved the problem, so they must have changed the control channels as of sept 27th.

Does it matter if you leave all of the other frequencies in the trunk bank. Several of you seem concerned to find the exact frequencies being used, and removing the rest. Just want to have it programmed correctly.

Btw, thanks for all of the help!!

kc8rak

This is the info i got this morning from a person who is in charge of there police dept radios.

I know that they are "in process" of switching over. We will not even have our new radios until December (my guess January) so they won't "flip the switch" until everyone has their radios...however the data channels may now be on the new backbone because some of the new system has interoperability with the old system

doc832

Well I put in the new Freq listed here (thank you very much) however I am unable to figure out other settings. Is this still a type two Moto system? I heard this was going to be a narrow system, not sure if it is EDACs or not? Too many questions, not enough time. Thanks

smanturn

Premium Subscriber
PRO-106 in Lake County Ohio

How do I go about reprogramming my PRO-106 to receive the new frequencies? Can you recommend someone who can reprogram it?

doc832

Dear people of the RRC, I added the new channels and the system is up and running as before with same System Moto II, same talk groups and the control channels are changed. Was a little concerned.

falcon2950

Premium Subscriber
Lake County Ohio

Tuesday throughout the day sometime lake county PD, Fire and rescue went off the air! I thought my scanner was defective but I did the live audio feed here and after 15 min no transmits on here at all. This morning I was messing around doing a search on public saftey and I think they went to 796.8___ area. I heard some transmits that were PD but did not catch the city nme before I had to shut it off. Does anybody know what happened to Lake County Ohio PD, Fire and rescue bands??????
If so please reply or shoot me a email at falcon99v@sbcglobal.net.
Appriciate the help!!!
Bill

kf8yk

Keep in mind that during these rebanding changes only a few channels are changed at a time. The control channel & voice channel list will evolve as the project progresses. Only once Unitrunker shows no activity on all frequencies below 854 MHz can this system be considered complete for rebanding.

I added the currently active control channel 854.9875 to the Primary site for Lake Co in the DB.

It is important that somebody with the ability to monitor the system with a trunking program do so and get a listing of the actual frequencies in use in the system as well as any note of what the rotating control channels are.

This is important because not all frequencies associated with the license are used on the trunked system itself, at least not historically.

mike

Last edited:

kf8yk

Don't confuse this rebanding project with the forthcoming P25 migration. Since the end users won't experience any changes in how their radio operates (same radio, all TG's are the same, etc...) for rebanding they tend to be uninformed.

This is the info i got this morning from a person who is in charge of there police dept radios.

I know that they are "in process" of switching over. We will not even have our new radios until December (my guess January) so they won't "flip the switch" until everyone has their radios...however the data channels may now be on the new backbone because some of the new system has interoperability with the old system

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Please NO duplicate threads

Tuesday throughout the day sometime lake county PD, Fire and rescue went off the air! I thought my scanner was defective but I did the live audio feed here and after 15 min no transmits on here at all. This morning I was messing around doing a search on public saftey and I think they went to 796.8___ area. I heard some transmits that were PD but did not catch the city nme before I had to shut it off. Does anybody know what happened to Lake County Ohio PD, Fire and rescue bands??????
If so please reply or shoot me a email at falcon99v@sbcglobal.net.
Appriciate the help!!!
Bill

Please do not create duplicate threads when one for the topic already exists.
As such I have merged the duplicate thread you created with the one that already existed.

Please take a moment to read the Sticky at the top of the forums page on proper posting guidlines for Radioreference forums.

http://forums.radioreference.com/oh...um/114578-forum-guidelines-read-me-first.html

Thanks,
Mark

Last edited:

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
So far, Unitrunker is reporting the following. Are these good enough (per UT) to submit to the database? Or should UT be run over a period of days/weeks?

Motorola Site 7E26
854.9875 (CC)

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
So far, Unitrunker is reporting the following. Are these good enough (per UT) to submit to the database? Or should UT be run over a period of days/weeks?

Motorola Site 7E26
854.9875 (CC)

If you get a chance, run UT for a little while every week or so and see if anything appears to change. Of course, the only way to really tell is to run a pristine copy of UT each time. UT has no way of being told that specific frequencies are no longer in use on the system. If it noted activity on them a year ago, it'll continue to display them when you fire up UT a year later. But if you run a clean copy to monitor the system, you'll only be seeing frequencies actively in use.

I did update the DB just now with the additional frequencies on your list that weren't listed prior to today. They're good enough for me :) Everything you show above would be a rebanded frequency, and you'r showing none of the 851-853.xxx freqs. But, like KF8YK said, the list of frequencies could change several times before rebanding is done.

What really will need to happen at this point is that any time somebody notices that the control channel changes to a new frequency [that isn't listed as a control channel in the db], we need to know so that we can update it. Historically this system didn't advertise an alternate CC [in the way that Ohio MARCS does]. It rotated between four predetermined/preprogrammed frequencies that the sysadmin of the system chose. So if somebody were to import 'control channels only' into their scanner, they wouldn't hear anything when it switched to one of the alternating CCs because we don't know what the other CCs are.

For people programming this system into your scanner, add all of the listed frequencies. Don't just import control channels only or you are going to end up not hearing traffic on the system when the control channel changes. Once we know what all the control channels are in this system and reflect those control channels properly in the DB, then you could import control channels only.

Thanks for gathering the info, Erik.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.