Live audio link for Eastern Indiana 9-2-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

Why is there no live audio link for Eastern Indiana west of Cincinati,Ohio including Franklin, Ripley,and Fayette County? Are the counties posted not using Safe-t ?.Would it be possible for someone in that area to post a live audio link for those counties?

Last edited:

z96cobra

Franklin, Ripley and Fayette are all using digital. My only choices for internet are dial-up, satellite, or cellular. None of those are options for supplying a live feed. 2 miles from my house they have fiber optics. Living in the sticks suck when it comes to technology, but you couldn't pay me to live in the city.

W9NES

Could someone provide a audio link for these counties? There are none listed.It would be nice to have this available for those that might want to hear Eastern Indiana.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
It's usually easier to get volunteers if you offer them a radio to use. I did it and got two counties online.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
No, I already did it twice (one in IN) and don't have any interest in that part of the state.

W9NES

Thanks but Indiana is not complete without the Eastern part of the state west of Cincinati,Ohio Would someone would be able to step up to the plate and cover Eastern Indiana?,

onex135

Feed Provider
Franklin, Ripley and Fayette are all using digital. My only choices for internet are dial-up, satellite, or cellular. None of those are options for supplying a live feed. 2 miles from my house they have fiber optics. Living in the sticks suck when it comes to technology, but you couldn't pay me to live in the city.

Just FYI, I'm using a Verizon MiFi hotspot on my link to upload the stream. Seems to be working very well. Very little down time. Been using it for about 30 days now, and just about to finish my first full billing cycle (10 days to go), so I'll get a good feel for how much data I'm actually burning up to stream.

Just needed to work out only one kink so far, and found that within the first 24-hours. Setting on the MiFi allows the device to be connected non-stop and auto-reconnect if the system "drops". Once that was done, it's been good to go ever since.

W9NES

Thanks onex 135 for your post.I will be glad when you get this up and make it a regular feature under the live feeds for Indiana. So far there has been no live feed for Eastern Indiana near the Ohio Line.

onex135

Feed Provider
W9NES, my stream is live now...however sorry to disappoint, I'm streaming railroad channels from the Lima, Ohio area. (Listed under Putnam County Ohio).

rdale

Premium Subscriber
I think your point has been made ;) It's possible that your point will be achieved if you offer up a radio to loan and I would bet you'll get a feeder.

canav844

We really need somewone that will Feed Law Enforcement and Fire with EMS from Eastern Indiana.
We NEED or you WANT?

I'd also be inclined to say that not being on SAFE-T would make it easier to provide a feed if it just needed to hover on a VHF frequency there's many more less expensive radios that'll do that compared to P25 trunking capable radios. And when you figure in all of the requirements RR sets forth there's a lot of good scanning and radio power that get's lost the own for monitor a handful of channels to be streamed; which means it could boil down to having a spare P25 radio lying around. Providing live feeds are a luxury for most people. Good news is, it'll be longer before those agencies decide to encrypt much of their operations to prevent iphone eaves droppers.

W9NES

canav844, We need a audio link to complete the live audio feed for The State of Indiana.There is no live feed currently from the Eastern side of the state at this time.It would be a nice addition to the Live Feeds and then the Entire State of Indiana would be covered North to South and West to East.To be very clear I do not want anything.I asked if someone would provide a feed for all of us to to listen to other parts on the State the we cannot hear from Metro Indianapolis/Marion County.

z96cobra

Just FYI, I'm using a Verizon MiFi hotspot on my link to upload the stream. Seems to be working very well. Very little down time. Been using it for about 30 days now, and just about to finish my first full billing cycle (10 days to go), so I'll get a good feel for how much data I'm actually burning up to stream.

Just needed to work out only one kink so far, and found that within the first 24-hours. Setting on the MiFi allows the device to be connected non-stop and auto-reconnect if the system "drops". Once that was done, it's been good to go ever since.

I've had a MiFi (Verizon also) for a couple of years now, but can't see spending $60 a month just for audio upload. 5GB of data doesn't go very far when streaming 24/7 and then I'd go over my data plan allowance if I tried to do anything else online. I used to use WildBlue, had 12GB allowance, but it's latency sucks and it would drop out whenever heavy rain/snow moved in. Hopefully they'll run fiber my way soon, it's just up the road from me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.