Checking To See If There Is Interest.

Would you be interest in getting together for an informal meeting of Scanner Jockies

• Yes a good idea I'll be there.

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • A good Idea, but count me out.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I'll be there if someone buys me supper.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Way. Too Many Scanners in One Room.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkevin02

Premium Subscriber
I noticed that a group of scanner jockies in Colorado gets together about once every quarter to talk shop show off equitment and help newbies such as myself. They encourage people to bring their scanners and laptops so they can help you program your scanners. They also talk about new Freq's and talk groups that they find. As well as stories and just putting faces with the names on RR Forums. It sounded very informal. They were having it at some Cafe were you could eat and drink if you wanted to. (at your expense.)

This sounded like a good idea to try if enough people were interested. I think a meeting every 3 months might be a little overboard. When talking to another member of the RR Forum we thought maybe 2 meetings a year would be plenty. We thought maybe around the 1st of Sept. right before the state fair. Then maybe again in late Febuary or early March. Or maybe just one meeting a year is all that is needed.

This would not be any kind of club. There would not be any kind of Dues to be paid. Just an informal get together to talk scanning and maybe help newbies like myself out. Maybe some file sharing, helping set up V-Scanners, older wiser Scanner guys show newbies how to pull information off of the new scanners so they can help in finding new freq's & TG in other parts of the state.

The details can be worked out later if there is enough interest shown. I'l post a poll. Please vote.

Last edited:

jasonkw

I would be interested, but due to reasons I cannot discuss here, I would be unable to attend.

tipster67

Meet at a bar? Drinks are always good to travel for..... Meet for food,,,,, Again I'd be there...... Reason to get out of the house/out of town,,,,, I'm In!!

n0lqt

I like the idea and would definitely try to attend!

Twice a year would be a good start. I also think at the State Fair would be a great idea. Kill two birds with one stone, as it were... And a good excuse to give to the other half, "...but honey, we're going to the fair anyway, and I'll just be gone a couple of hours..."

Maybe rotate the other meeting across the state along both I-70 and US-54/400, one time in Lawrence, one time in Salina, one time in Hays, one time in Dodge City, one time in Independence, etc. Keep the fall meeting in or near Hutch. The specific location could be worked out from year to year.

KS4260

I'm all for having a scanner meeting somewhere in the Wichita, Newton or Hutchinson. When can we meet???

Status
Not open for further replies.