New Sheriff's Dept. frequency in Cross Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Cross County SO was granted a new license back on 6/30 and it was added to the DB.

Has anyone here - other than me - been monitoring it and if so have ya heard anything on it? :confused:

I have heard nothing so far and I usually monitor it in the evenings and weekends.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Here's what I've found out so far.....

I have a Pro 2055 mounted in my K5 Jimmy with a Hustler MOR antenna and i can pick up this new frequency - altho it's very weak with a 173.8 PL tone.

I can not pick it up on my handhelds at all. This leads me to think that they haven't set up the repeater correctly and/or are not running it at full power - 100 watts. All traffic is full of static. I have strong signals on everything else - especially the WX bands - so I don't think it's my radio or antenna.

It seems to be both Wynne city and County Sheriff traffic on there, but more of a secondary talk channel, altho some dispatching was being done. The old license was just renewed 10/19 and it's leased to Wynne PD.

I would assume that in the future that the new county lease was so that they would split the traffic - Wynne city / County on their respective leases......I dunno.....time will tell.....and I'll keep listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.