dnr

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
The DNR would need to use the radios they have first. They are about the most un-radioactive (sic) state agency. About the only time you'd hear them is the Forestry guys during fire season. Other than that, it's mostly cell phones or one of the simplex channels when they are in a cluster somewhere.

WIscannerguy24

Premium Subscriber
I would have to agree with the statement above. I have all the DNR frequencies programed in my scanner and maybe once or twice a week I will hear a transmission on those frequencies here in Waukesha Co. I was listening to my scanner last month and a DNR warden needed assistance with a subject that lunged at him here in Waukesha Co. and the Warden called for help on the Waukesha Co. Trunked Radio System, Area 4 Talkgroup which the Sheriffs department communicates on. I never heard a peep on the DNR frequencies. They maybe joining the new Statewide radio system soon (WISCOM).

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
They also use the channels rather heavily here in Central WI too, i`ve heard activity on the DNR channels `round about deer hunting time, mostly checking on licenses and such, but there`s some chatter on there still. N9NRA

Status
Not open for further replies.