Facebook comments on feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
I thought I saw a thread on this previously but was unable to locate it in a search.

The following comment was posted on the feed- which we all know is virtually live...

"yea its not live, its achived recordings that are a week old... i have a scanner and i heard this stuff LIVE a week ago"

Without engaging this individual in a pointless conversation- is there a way to remove the post?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
No, there is not. It's very frustrating, I have a comment with foul language on my feed that I can't delete. I have no problem with the Facebook plugin, but feed owners absolutely need a way to moderate the comment streams on their own feeds. Too many fools out there who don't think before posting.

KJ6HCB

Wow... havent known there isnt a way to remove comments. If I get a negative comment on my feed, I will just shut the feed down and delete it I guess - sad it has to be that way.

ibagli

If you have a Facebook account, you can at least remove the comment from immediate view by making enough posts to bump the comment to a second page. (I know some people really hate the idea of going anywhere near the site, but realize that if feed providers are ever given moderation ability, that will probably require a Facebook account too. I doubt Facebook is going to allow changes to be made to its data on the basis of having logged into this site.)

Last edited:

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
You might also try marking it as spam, and also reporting abuse to facebook.

Sometimes, they will act on a post that is injurious.

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
Or you could post a comment saying the feed is live and for that user to clear his cache. He was likely using the web based player and the audio was looping to old audio.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.