DEA Silent on 400mhz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arizona_Scanner

Premium Subscriber
Have any of you been hearing the DEA on the 400mhz band lately? I haven't heard a peep in quite a while and they used to be fairly active. I suspect they may be using RWC radios now as I heard a PPD detective talking about how they were on D Dec talk group the other day.

On a related note, I notice that the FBI is also silent now on the 160mhz frequencies. Same situation possibly?

ecps92

Have you searched the 406-412 for the NEW DEA Channels ?

Have any of you been hearing the DEA on the 400mhz band lately? I haven't heard a peep in quite a while and they used to be fairly active. I suspect they may be using RWC radios now as I heard a PPD detective talking about how they were on D Dec talk group the other day.

On a related note, I notice that the FBI is also silent now on the 160mhz frequencies. Same situation possibly?

ecps92

Many have, however they do vary by REGION, so it's best to spend the time and search [your own back yard] as the frequencies in my region might not be the same as yours.

Remember, the UHF Fed band is rebanding where the inputs are in the upper portion and the lower portion is the Repeater and the mid-band is simplex.

MT Fed Files: Another New DEA P-25 Frequency Found

If you know them why not just post them? I think that's what we're all here for ;)

K2GMZ

Many have, however they do vary by REGION, so it's best to spend the time and search [your own back yard] as the frequencies in my region might not be the same as yours.

Remember, the UHF Fed band is rebanding where the inputs are in the upper portion and the lower portion is the Repeater and the mid-band is simplex.

MT Fed Files: Another New DEA P-25 Frequency Found

I know, I know, its the thrill of the chase :)

But they always seem to be assigned on a national basis, so at least they would be in the ball park, give or take one or two. Here's another good thread.

MT Fed Files: More New DEA UHF P-25

Time to get a loggin' on my end too.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Have you searched the 406-412 for the NEW DEA Channels ?

That only works if that agency has a presence in a particular area. Arizona: good chance of catching them. Nashville, Tn : Vanderbilt has a better chance of winning a national championship than finding DEA frequencies active.

ecps92

Correct !

But the OP posted
"I haven't heard a peep in quite a while and they used to be fairly active"
which means there is/was a presence.

Keep searching, they are out there, it just takes some patience.

That only works if that agency has a presence in a particular area. Arizona: good chance of catching them. Nashville, Tn : Vanderbilt has a better chance of winning a national championship than finding DEA frequencies active.

AZMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
Dea

I don't know if the DEA is doing this in the Phoenix area but in the Las Vegas, Nevada area they are using analog on 419.500 which is a repeater on Mt. Potosi and can be easily heard in Kingman. Encryption is usually not being used.

SCPD

QRT
Dea

I stream DEA on my Mesa,/Gilbert stream what I have in there is 418.625, 418.9500, and 418.8250. You can tell when the they are online because you will pick that delay noise from the repeaters kicking in after they key the mic. They have been on mostly day time recently , Most of the time around 3:30 to 7:30 . I pick them up nice and clear here in Mesa. If your scanner has the ATT button you need to turn it on for some reason. If I have the ATT button off I don't pick them up! Now I have not been home very much in the past week so if something has changed then I am not aware of it.

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber

There is a DEA office and a DEA multi jurisdictional task force in Nashville as well as an FBI JTTF there. As is common with task forces they may be using local TG's / freqs and probably a lot of nextel group talk or something similar.

nycap

I stream DEA on my Mesa,/Gilbert stream what I have in there is 418.625, 418.9500, and 418.8250. You can tell when the they are online because you will pick that delay noise from the repeaters kicking in after they key the mic. They have been on mostly day time recently , Most of the time around 3:30 to 7:30 . I pick them up nice and clear here in Mesa. If your scanner has the ATT button you need to turn it on for some reason. If I have the ATT button off I don't pick them up! Now I have not been home very much in the past week so if something has changed then I am not aware of it.

pardon my ignorance, but what does "stream" mean?

SCPD

QRT
stream

I have a live feed that you can listen in which I stream DEA, Stream meens, provide live feed for you to listen. It will be back up tonight. I just got new furniture so I had to find a new place for the scanner!

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I stream DEA on my Mesa,/Gilbert stream what I have in there is 418.625, 418.9500, and 418.8250. You can tell when the they are online because you will pick that delay noise from the repeaters kicking in after they key the mic. They have been on mostly day time recently

W T F??

You cannot be serious. I'm shocked that you would actively and deliberately disregard our terms of service, and broadcast a federal law enforcement agency's communications on a fire department feed.

Your feed has been terminated.

Status
Not open for further replies.