• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

mcs2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbeja81689

Feed Provider
looking for info on setting up my mcs2000 uhf model 2 to an external speaker. there is no internal one so i am trying to use a speaker model number HSN4035A. There are 6 different wires and i just need help figuring out where these wires go. there is a blue wire, red wire, black wire, white wire, white/gray striped wire, and an unshielded wire which i know is probably the ground. can anyone help me out? just need to know which pin numbers i put these wires in. Thank you very much

jim202

looking for info on setting up my mcs2000 uhf model 2 to an external speaker. there is no internal one so i am trying to use a speaker model number HSN4035A. There are 6 different wires and i just need help figuring out where these wires go. there is a blue wire, red wire, black wire, white wire, white/gray striped wire, and an unshielded wire which i know is probably the ground. can anyone help me out? just need to know which pin numbers i put these wires in. Thank you very much
This isn't your exact model, but should give you some clues as to what Motorola has done in the past.

http://www.n0ss.net/motorola_amp_spkr_mods_04jul2009.pdf

Problem with this speaker is that one side of it I believe is grounded. You don't want to do that with any of the newer radios that are using a balanced audio output, as you will blow the audio output IC if you ground either side. If you insist on using this unit, then you will need some sort of isolation transformer to keep from shorting one side of the speaker output from the radio to ground with your powered speaker.

Unless you need the 20 watts of audio power to hear the radio, you would be better off with just a standard speaker.

Jim

Last edited:

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Yeah that's an amplified speaker. You likely don't need that. What you can do, if you don't have a non-amplified speaker, is open her up and remove the amplifier. Just connect two wires from the speaker to your radio. I've done that on a few of these. Some guy was selling them at a hamfest for about $5 each and I picked up a couple. I never used the amplifier, so I just bypassed it.
Save you a few bucks and make hooking it up easier.

bbeja81689

Feed Provider
i have a small speaker with a blue wire and a yellow wire, which wires which? and where do i plug the wires in on the accessory plug? which port numbers?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
On the 25 pin accessory connector on the bottom:
Pin 1: Speaker +
Pin 3: Speaker -

Shouldn't matter which color wire goes to which one. Just make sure neither speaker lead is grounded. If you have a model 1, you should/may have a jumper between pin 1 and pin 2. This is for the internal speaker. You can disconnect that to disable the front speaker and connect your external speaker leads to 1 and 3. Model 2 and 3 won't have this.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Will the cps 06.09.06 software program a msc2000?

'CPS' refers to the programming software for any modern Motorola radio (short for Customer Programming Software). There are many different 'versions' for various models of radio.

The CPS for MCS2000 radios is, if I remember correctly, RVN4175, and is no longer available for purchase. The final release was R02.03.00, I think.

Whatever package you have that is R06.09.06 (sounds like either Professional or MTS) is only good for the type of radio indicated on the splash screen or CD case.

pforbes

The speaker is an amplified speaker and gets its AF from pin 11-vio, ground- pin 10- green, power pin 14- yellow and AF ground pin 7 black.

help with Motorola mcs2000

i just bought a mcs2000 radio and i plan on buying more. i just bought the rib box and the programming cable and are awaiting for them in the mail. however i need help with programming.

Once i get all the required cables ect in. i am looking for someone to remotely connect to my computer and teach me how to program these radios as i intend to buy several of these radios in different bands to use mostly for receive only as i like the sound of these better than the sound of my scanners.

i will pay you for your services via paypal. i also need help finding the right software as there is so much conflicting info online i am honestly confused. please contact me if interested.

Steve

canadawalrus@gmail.com
226-777-1789

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Who do you plan on listening to with them? If you are going to use them for Fleetnet you might have a hard time finding someone to program them up for you.....

Status
Not open for further replies.