Pro-107 iSCAN Download Available

Was this download iSCAN Software useful to you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

lorddavid25

Premium Subscriber
Good Day,

If anyone is in need of the iSCAN Software it can be easily download. I myself needed the free software when my disc was scratched and I couldn't load it on a new PC. Ive posted it on my server with a short disclaimer. So Here it is and I hope this helps the people who need it. I got sick of seeing the noobs post reply's like just search for it or better take better care of you disk. :cool:

Things happen :roll:

Download iSCAN for Pro-107

1. Extract with WinRAR to your desktop.
  2. Put the main file folder to C:\Program Files; or wherever you want on your hard drive.
  3. Create a Shortcut to iscan.exe and put it on your Desktop. Or like me "Pin" it to your task-bar. (Win7)
I hope this will at least help one pro-107 user out there. It will make all the effert worth wiled. Carma What a wonderful this it is.

QDP2012

Wiki page might help too

you need to get rid of this link for the pro-107, it no longer exists

I don't know if the links on the Wiki page are any better, but here's the link to the Wiki page:

Programming Your Radio Shack Scanner

Scroll down to the yellow box. It seems to have links for the software. If it is wrong, it can be changed more easily than the links in this thread.

Hope this helps,

QDP2012

OOPS! Sorry about that.

Good catch,

P.S. Can the software be added to the Wiki page?

QDP2012

I think there are some rules about software, the Wiki, etc. I sent a PM to someone asking for their clarification, to help avoid a mis-step here.

Thanks,

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Just to keep everyone in the loop - as that software is proprietary it would be strictly illegal for RR (or anyone else, for that matter) to make that software available without written consent from RS

If it were freeware like, say, FreeScan, that would be an entirely different matter...Mike

QDP2012

Thank you for clarifying that! I don't want to get anywhere near those bounds.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Just to keep everyone in the loop - as that software is proprietary it would be strictly illegal for RR (or anyone else, for that matter) to make that software available without written consent from RS

If it were freeware like, say, FreeScan, that would be an entirely different matter...Mike

You'd think with the PRO-107, and all of its cousins, going the way of the dinosaurs, Radio Shack (or whoever owns the rights to the software) could make the code available so that 3rd party software could be written for them. I'm sure someone could make a better program than what comes with the scanner(s).

Probably never happen, but we can always hope and dream.

On a somewhat related note, when I bought my current PRO-107, the software CD that came with it wouldn't work in any on my computers, so I thought I'd have to purchase another one through RS. Luckily, I found a link to the software, so I was able to get it for free. Don't think it was the link mentioned above, but the one I used is no longer working. Maybe RS got wind of it and in some way got them to / made them take it down.

:)

Last edited:

VentureForth

I would agree - except that it's propriety to be used on the Pro-107. SO if you have a PRO-107, it would not be violating ANY rules to obtain the software that legally belongs to the hardware. To sell the software or to offer it to be used on NON-Radio Shack equipment would be an understandable violation of the law.

Of course, that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
I agree. If you own the 107

then you have the right to that software. At least it would appear to be that way...
I own a 107, and if it hadn't been for a member on this site, it would've been a good paper weight. Because Mike was kind hearted in sending me a copy, I've returned the favor by sending a copy to any 107 owner that needs the software. I do not charge, not even postage, or the cost of the discs, my time, nothing. RS would be doing a service if they would list and make downloadable the software for the owners.

Last edited:

QDP2012

...RS would be doing a service if they would list and make downloadable the software for the owners.

That sounds like the best solution; or, perhaps a no-charge/small-charge for RS to send a replacement CD. So far, I haven't found on their site any such software replacement options, period.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yes, I doubt a person-person transfer would raise even an eyebrow at RS - but put it on a public website, that might well be a horse of a different color.

I agree, a person-person transfer is likely the best solution...Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I believe you are correct - I have neither scanner, but your logic is sound. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if there's something in the code that checks for a model number in the scanner memory somewhere either

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.