Scanner "hallway" sound issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

camfireguy

Feed Provider
I have been working relentlessly on providing a good quality feed. I purchased everything I need to make my 2 scanners broadcast in stereo feed. After hooking everything up, I found the feed sounded good, but was still broadcasting in mono. I had to go into the scanner cast settings and click "enable stereo". Once I did that, I found that it was finally broadcasting in stereo, but now the feed sounds like it is in a hallway and sounds horrible. The computer I am broadcasting on plays the feed just fine, but using a different computer, it has the hallway sound to it. Again, it only started doing this once I clicked the enable stereo on scanner cast. Is there anyway to fix this? I need help as quick as possible. Any ideas?

ScanYak

Feed Provider
In your audio settings of scanner cast make sure your sample rate setting is 22050 and your bitrate is 32 kbps. I think you will find your problem will go away when you change it from 16 to 32.

camfireguy

Feed Provider
Thank you Doug for your input. So I admit that I am not that great with computer sound and settings. You say to make sure my sample rate setting is 22050 and my bitrate is 32kbps in my scanner cast audio settings. I feel completely stupid, but I cannot find where to do this at. The only area remotely close to this is under control, it says "speed" which is 19200.

ScanYak

Feed Provider
I've not used ScannerCast much but I see on the " ScannerCast RR Edition Setup Instructions" RR Live Audio Broadcasting Software - The RadioReference Wiki it says in the advanced tab section: Choose “Stereo” if running a stereo (Left & Right) feed from two scanners. Bit rate is automatically selected.

So it should be the correct setting and not able to manually do it.

The 19200 is for the PC talking to the scanner. For scanner control and alpha tags

Last edited:

camfireguy

Feed Provider
Hmm. I did select the stereo option so I'm not sure why it is making it sound so bad. Either way If you have any other ideas please let me know. Thank you again for your help.

Tryton

On my WinAmp player it shows stereo but at 16 kbps and it needs to be 32.

Click on the audio tab. select "Source client" if the settings are greyed out, stop your broadcast and/or recorder. Make the changes as stated above. restart your feed..

Attachments

• audio.jpg
    audio.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 190

camfireguy

Feed Provider
Ok so I now have proscan downloaded on my computer. Dumb question, where it says server IP address or name, can I just put radio reference?

camfireguy

Feed Provider
Actually it did. I logged on the first time and I guess it didnt save my info or something because I went to relog back on and this time it work!

My feed is now a lot better. Scanner Cast must be having issues with its content because proscan is coming in a lot better. THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH! Problem is fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.