pro-197 removing contents of scan lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3ie

Premium Subscriber
I just obtained a pro-197 scanner and due to circumstances for the moment, I have to program it using the front panel keys and not any of the programming software that's available for this radio. Is there any way, using only the controls on the scanner itself, to remove all objects from a scan list, other than going to every individual object on the scan list, editing it, and removing it's scan list entry? There is a way to remove all objects from the Favorites scan list, but I can't find any way to do the same function on any of the other scan lists. I've checked documentation online, including the Easier to Read Manual available online, and have not found any way to do this. Any ideas?

Thanks.

tipster67

This one clears everything...
0, 5 (and 0,6) executes EEPROM memory test, then clears working memory and resets all 'Global Settings' to factory defaults. Press ENT to continue within 6 seconds.

The Pro-106/197 PSR 500/600 have power-on keypress sequences that are used as shortcuts to configuration items, like attenuator settings, backlight settings and memory information. They will also allow you to reset the whole scanner or just the 'Global Settings'. The resets do not affect the V-Scanner Folders. Power-on key sequences are also used to place your scanner into firmware upgrade mode for CPU and DSP firmware upgrades.

The first key must be pressed while the Welcome/Owner screen is being displayed.
1 shortcut to PGM>GLOB>Sound Mode.
2 shortcut to PGM>GLOB>Key Beeps.
3 displays CPU and DSP versions.
shortcut to PGM>GLOB>Light Mode (106/500 only).
DIM shortcut to PGM>GLOB>Light Mode (197/600 only).
ATT shortcut to PGM>GLOB>AttenMode.
0, 0 shortcut to PGM>GLOB>Memory Info.
0, 1 clears all working memory and resets all 'Global Settings' to factory defaults. Press ENT to continue within 6 seconds.
0, 2 resets all 'Global Settings' to factory defaults. Does not affect working memory. Press ENT to continue within 6 seconds.
0, 5 (and 0,6) executes EEPROM memory test, then clears working memory and resets all 'Global Settings' to factory defaults. Press ENT to continue within 6 seconds.

tipster67

Ahhhh still Playing here.... Turned on Scanner..... waited for it to start scanning.... Pressed "PROG" the "F3" button (Global) ...... Pressed the down arrow and it comes to - "Clear FAV: SEL"

n3ie

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I know about the power on clear memory, but that's not what I want to do. I want to keep some scan lists and remove the content from others. Clearing memory will remove all scan lists. And yes I know about "Clear FAV" and that's exactly what I want to do, but for other scan lists, not just the Favorites list. I'd also like to be able to conveniently rearrange entire contents of scan lists, for example, take the entire contents of scan list 18 and move it to scan list 1, or something similar. There don't seem to be many built in commands that give you this kind of control over entire scan lists. I'm assuming doing something like this is pretty straight forward if you use the programming software that is available, and I'll eventually be doing that, just not yet.

Thanks.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Using the PRO197 manual go to page 45, "TO DELETE A TSYS USING THE TSYS FILTER" method, follow the prompts, it does delete the individual "Trunk System and all the TG's...then u can re-build the same trunk system a new and does not dump the whole scanner....Its the best way i know.....

n3ie

Premium Subscriber
That's a very interesting idea, deleting the TSYS object, since it also deletes the TG's. I hadn't noticed that side effect of deleting the TSYS. Thanks, I'll try that.

n3ie

Premium Subscriber
That worked very well actually (deleting the TSYS object, which removes the TG's also). Only took me a few minutes to delete the scan groups that I wanted to empty out. Thanks for the suggestion.

shortbus91

how to delete.

i just want to make it clear to everyone out there that it took me a bit to figure out how to do this. and for everyone after me that wants to reset there scanner.

here is how.

when you turn it on hold the number 0 and turn it on. and this will start the process follow the first post in this thread to do what you like.

thought this might help.

columbas

Premium Subscriber
on my pro-197 in the conventional mode to edit a single frequency only I stop on the frequency with the manual button to the selected frequency then I push the program button, then the function button, then the clear button. It will then ask you if you really want to clear the frequency. Yes or No. I have done this to delete talk groups as well. I hope this will help. This is the step by step process I use. Everyone have a nice day

N8IAA

Or, you could get Win500, PSREdit500, Arc500, the proper USB cable, and surgically change your scanner without all the button pushes. When you download the scanner contents into the software, save it. Then if you make a mistake, it's still there as the original file.
No carpal tunnel:)
Larry

louisik1

Feed Provider
on my pro-197 in the conventional mode to edit a single frequency only I stop on the frequency with the manual button to the selected frequency then I push the program button, then the function button, then the clear button. It will then ask you if you really want to clear the frequency. Yes or No. I have done this to delete talk groups as well. I hope this will help. This is the step by step process I use. Everyone have a nice day

Perfect! I knew there was some key combo. Very fast this way. Thanks again.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

This is the method I use as well, pretty fail safe and requires no software. :wink:

n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.