Freeport Police - not picking up anymore (Stephenson County)

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

opp37

freeport il police have pulled a fast one for some dam reason cant pick them up home or online anymore dont know if they went tac or what but there gone but i only have one of those cheap car window mounts up on roof plan to get better if i can ever afford it lol anyway there gone used to get on home now blank just fire and county and online scanner is just static not evan county or fire beats me

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
Your post is very hard to read and understand. Need punctuation, not run-on sentences.

Assuming you are saying you are not hearing Freeport Police anymore.

Online scanner having static doesn't mean anything about the police radios, just could be a bad hookup at the scanner and computer.

Now, after all that, do you have a digital radio that has been listening to STARCOM21, the Illinois statewide digital system?

According the the Stephenson County page:
Stephenson County, Illinois (IL) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

May 2010 - Freeport PD and Stephenson County Sheriff now using Starcom21

They have been using this system for 2 years.

So what is it that your NOT hearing? what system/frequency?

Freeport IL police have pulled a fast one for some damn reason. I can't pick them up (hear them) home or online anymore. I don't know if they went tac or what, but they're gone. But, i only have one of those cheap car window mounts up on roof. I plan to get better if i can ever afford it. LOL, anyway they're gone -- used to get on home now blank, just fire and county and online scanner is just static not even county or fire, beats me!

Last edited:
O

opp37

for one please dont mess with how i post i am disabled with problems so i will work on run on

Now the problem

Freeport PD Has Gone Trunking or some other system

My cheap basic Bearcat scanner has picked up 154.815 for years that was pds channel

Now that channel is dead and all that the bearcat can pick up is fire and county

City is not on the scanner probably went to something that takes a more fancy scanner

I just thought those changes cost allot

and its not the switch you talked about i still get county

that was my point and just that i found it strange and like i said i thought changes like that cost beats me

sorry my posts annoy you

PeoriaOEM

Feed Provider
Freeport Police and Stephenson County are on StarCom21 (digital trunked) and have been for quite some time. I heard them on there per usual when I was visiting the Rockford area. Yes, you need a fancy scanner to pick them up.

O

opp37

well thanks it must be a fluke that i picked them up for

over ten years and still get stephenson but now know to get a better system

O

opp37

whats a good cheap scanner and antenna that

will pick up the big ones like my town Rockford etc

im not into the real detailed like you guys but i can listen to scanners all day long

im looking the cheapest starcom and whatever else needed plus hopefully auto tune find

like the bearcat im not really good with all the programming and dont have much cash

thanks for all the info and help

hotrod501

I live in Stephenson county yes The Freeport PD uses only starcom21 the county is useing old and new at this time. Some shifts use the old and other shifts use new and yes you need that fancy scanner to hear them.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
whats a good cheap scanner and antenna that

will pick up the big ones like my town Rockford etc

im not into the real detailed like you guys but i can listen to scanners all day long

im looking the cheapest starcom and whatever else needed plus hopefully auto tune find

like the bearcat im not really good with all the programming and dont have much cash

thanks for all the info and help

There IS a GRE 600 on the RR classifieds right now for $250 which is VERY reasonable!! This is probably about as cheap as they get and will be what you will need to receive starcom21 in Ill. Click on this link for more info.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/4262/cat/all

I hope this helps you. :)

n9zas

O

opp37

thanks

thank you that was all i was trying to get to
and my only other point was until a couple months ago all shifts all channels worked
now dead and thanks to all of you it seems they went starcom permanently thanks
now the subject of scanners

Uniden BCT8 TrunktrackerII​I Police Scanner

GRE PSR410 TRUNKING BASE MOBILE POLICE SCANNER PSR-410

will these work or only the GRE 600

sorry i love scanners but am stupid on how they all run nowdays

and sorry one more what kind of antenna do i need i just have a cheap rubber ducky on the roof

thanks so much and sorry for the misunderstandings and bothering you all

Status
Not open for further replies.