Is Frederick County going to change to digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboywildbill

Premium Subscriber
I thought I read that the Frederick County Public Service Trunking system was going to change from Anolog to digital in June?
Anyone know? Thanks

BigDaddy419

Are the new talkgroups that were just posted in the database for the 800mhz or the 700mhz system or will the work on both? My second question is will any special programming be needed for this system as well?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
First question - I would assume that the talkgroups found so far would work on both towers, but no one has come up and said otherwise- yet.

Second question - The PRO-96 and 2096 cannot handle the 700 Mhz system, but the current crop of trunktrackers (with the exception of the old BC250 and 785, since this looks like a 9600 baud system) should work fine. But how you program these systems varies between Uniden and GRE/RS, so you'll have to be much more specific about the scanner(s) you're interested in

HTH...Mike

Listening to the testing today and VC 851.91250 & 853.22500(not in database) with CC 851.612500. TGID's 5513,5455,5460,5456 were used for calling in county locations and grid numbers. Transmissions were clean and clear and called as passed by Main Dispatch and the ones that had the Digital garble had failed.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Rusty please use the SUBMIT form (which is near the center of the screen, next to the MD TRUNKING tab) to get that new VC into the database. This is the only way things like this gets done- members submit information

Mike

Rusty please use the SUBMIT form (which is near the center of the screen, next to the MD TRUNKING tab) to get that new VC into the database. This is the only way things like this gets done- members submit information

Mike

Thanks,DONE:lol:

BigDaddy419

Sorry about the confusion with my second question, what I meant to ask was will you have to program in a special band plan like the one that is currently being used with the motorola type II system. I wasn't sure if it applied or not since it was switching from analog to digital.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
No special bandplan needed for P25 systems - just get your system type (or if you're doing this with a RS/GRE object scanner, TSYS) right...Mike

BigDaddy419

I had heard that the Frederick City Police were going to be on the countys digital system. Is there any truth to this? I would think that it would be a smart thing for them to do.

BigDaddy419

It would be nice if they do. I know that Montgomery Co. still simulcasts there fire dispatch on 154.1600after switching to digital several years ago.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This question is nearly unreadable - a little clarification, please. What exactly are you trying to find out that isn't in our database?

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.