Please Help HomePatrol-1 Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i have a two part question. 1. My reception is still kinda fuzzy on my hp-1 on the stock antenna. So my question is does n e one have n e recomendations on a good indoor antenna set-up for this? also i live in a apartment so if a outdoor antenna would be better it would need to be kinda "low profile" i suppose. So if anyone has any recomendations on a "entry-level" antenna for me that would be awesome. I am looking to get the 400 and up frequencies in clearer as my stock antenna i still get reception its just fuzzy and kinda cuts out. The cutting out is very few and far between its more the fuzzy reception im trying to make clearer. its like when u liten to the radion at ur home and its fuzzy and u have to move the antenna somewhere better and get way better quality. Thanks for any and all suggestions ahead of time.

Go OKC THUNDER!!!!!

W9NES

I use the same antenna that mciupa has posted on my Uniden Hp-1 and it is a great antenna with a 6DB gain on the antenna. It says so right on the back of the package.I also use the same antenna on my Uniden 396XT same results.

I use the same antenna that mciupa has posted on my Uniden Hp-1 and it is a great antenna with a 6DB gain on the antenna. It says so right on the back of the package.I also use the same antenna on my Uniden 396XT same results.

Thanks for the replies. I will see it my local shack here in town has it in stock tomorrow. Also I dnt understand the importance of the "6DB" gain. Sry I'm still new. But thanks for the recommendation.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Technically speaking the 6db gain is meaningless without some reference point. 6dbi would have more meaning since it's measured against an isotropic source, one that radiates equally in all directions.

It's good marketing strategy - there likely is some gain to the antenna, but whether it really measures up at 6db is a question...Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.