HP-1 Database and favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc9buh

I have built my favorites from the database.
When I upgrade my database,will that upgrade the favorites list also?
Or will I have to rebuild the favorites list.
Thanks
Mike
KC9BUH

jscurtis

Premium Subscriber
It should... Maybe the programmers will think of that next time....

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
One issue that was thought about (that extremely complicates what you suggest) is how to prevent channels that have been intentionally modified by the user in a FL from being undone when that channel is updated in the main dB. Another is simply matching a FL channel to the main dB channel to the RRDB channel. It isn't obvious that a channel has changed when we pull the data.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
One issue that was thought about (that extremely complicates what you suggest) is how to prevent channels that have been intentionally modified by the user in a FL from being undone when that channel is updated in the main dB.

Exactly the reason I like it the way it is so it does not overwrite my cutom favorites! I have far more custom ones then I do ones pulled directly from the database.

Maybe you could add a toggle in the software that will allow the end user to allow database updates to also update their favorites list. A toggel for each favorite list. That would allow us with custom lists to set the toggle to no or never update so they are not changed.
Just an idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.