Federal Forest Service Question for the Grand Junction Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Federal Forest Service Question for the Grand Junction Area, I'm In Utah And pick up a link from Grand Junction thats on 164.150 with pl 156.7, I only Hear Grand Junction Dispatch side and it has a beep tone at the end of each transmission. Just was Wondering where this site is located and if anyone else can hear it.. I'd imagine its setup for the Border of Ut/Co, Im in Price, Utah.. Its not listed in the DB and it might cover bookcliffs but im not sure....any ideas?

Federal Forest Service Question for the Grand Junction Area, I'm In Utah And pick up a link from Grand Junction thats on 164.150 with pl 156.7, I only Hear Grand Junction Dispatch side and it has a beep tone at the end of each transmission. Just was Wondering where this site is located and if anyone else can hear it.. I'd imagine its setup for the Border of Ut/Co, Im in Price, Utah.. Its not listed in the DB and it might cover bookcliffs but im not sure....any ideas?

I have not heard anything on that freq here in GJ. I'll plug it in and see if anything turns up.

ecps92

Hope this helps, it could be the Rio Grande NF
164.1500 Rptr / 164.9125 input
156.7 would be San Antone Repeater

In Utah this should be the input to Manti-La Sal NF of 169.8750

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Where is it located? I didnt see it in the database for colorado or utah

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
This Can Be heard west of the bookcliffs, fairly decent signal....Im in Price utah so the repeater is either near nine mile, on Bruin peak (point), Cedar Mountain, Horn Hountain, Monument (idk where that is), Ford Ridge, Woodhill, Four Mile Hill, 5 Mile Hill,Boarding House, Or Somewhere that i'm not aware of... cuz thats most of the mountain tops in this area......

n0nhp

I don't remember who gave me that frequency, I have it as "BLM Grand Junction, Utah link". Just as it says, it is in Grand Junction Air Center dispatch and talks to the Bookcliffs area west of the Colorado state line.
Mostly used for coordination between the Grand Junction office and Moab office from what I can tell. It is a bit spotty into my location in GJ.

There is a site on the Bookcliffs between Crescent Junction and Green River that I have spotted on a map but don't have a name for. I think that is where it is located.

Bruce

hpycmpr

I just found that in my list and I believe it's located on Abajo Pk in San Juan County in Utah. It's an excellent long range comm site. There may be other sites as well.

Steve

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Yes i had tim heaton add to the db but my info was very vague since its a fed frequency.. Abajo is to far for me to hear this good... I havent heard specifics on where they dispatch to, i just know its not moab fire center.. They have said they are gj..

ecps92

I understand we are talking about Colorado and Not New Mexico

I've seen Rio Grande NF listed before with a 164.1500 and San Antone, not Antonio in more than one [Non RR list]

I've got two documents for Rio Grande, the Smoke Jumpers as posted
and another that I can not find a current link anymore to point you to.

The 2nd document shows

Rio Grande NF
Rx-164.1500
Tx-164.9125
Repeaters
Methodist
Bristol Head

Grayback
San Antone

Boot Mtn

That is not it. San Antonio mountain is in northern New Mexico. Rio Grande national forest is in southern Colorado.

kc0kp

I stand by my statement. San Antonio mountain is in northern NM and is a RF site with TV translators, microwave relay stations and forest service repeaters serving the Rio Grande and Carson National forests. It is also site 45 on zone 2 of the Colorado DTRS system. It is physically in Carson National Forest. It is a dormant volcano. It looks right up the San Luis Valley into Alamosa, Monte Vista, Sargents and Crestone.
I have been there, Have you?
I understand we are talking about Colorado and Not New Mexico

I've seen Rio Grande NF listed before with a 164.1500 and San Antone, not Antonio in more than one [Non RR list]

I've got two documents for Rio Grande, the Smoke Jumpers as posted
and another that I can not find a current link anymore to point you to.

The 2nd document shows

Rio Grande NF
Rx-164.1500

Tx-164.9125
Repeaters
Methodist
Bristol Head

Grayback
San Antone

Boot Mtn

bigbw1

Premium Subscriber
I stand by my statement. San Antonio mountain is in northern NM and is a RF site with TV translators, microwave relay stations and forest service repeaters serving the Rio Grande and Carson National forests. It is also site 45 on zone 2 of the Colorado DTRS system. It is physically in Carson National Forest. It is a dormant volcano. It looks right up the San Luis Valley into Alamosa, Monte Vista, Sargents and Crestone.

The mountain has two peaks. One is called Antone and the other San Antone. So it looks like you are both right.

San Antonio Mountain : Climbing, Hiking & Mountaineering : SummitPost

ecps92

No I have not been there, and as that has nothing to do with the topic, lets get back on topic.

The information presented by me was culled from USFS documents, many do not list what State the Repeaters are in, but what Forest they are associated with. altho it appears [based on the other posters info, see link ] the Site is likely in NM.

Common Mountain names and mis-spellings [typos] occur all the time.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Its Not the new mexico site. I am too far north to hear new mexico

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Sunlight Repeater Location? for 164.150 pl156.7

Its either the Sunlight Repeater or linked to the Sunlight Repeater, Problem is it dont match with the info in the DB, Its Definitely 164.150 with pl 156.7. You Can Occasionally hear both sides of the conversation so im thinking that Grand Junction is sulmicasting to other repeaters/ channels.... Is there alocation on where Sunlight is? it has to be between the bookcliffs and Grand Junction, another listener Heard it Between Moab and Grand Junction...

The inof in the DB is 163.150 pl 156.7 for Sunlight so either its linked or its an error, anyway to confirm that?

kc0kp

Its either the Sunlight Repeater or linked to the Sunlight Repeater, Problem is it dont match with the info in the DB, Its Definitely 164.150 with pl 156.7. You Can Occasionally hear both sides of the conversation so im thinking that Grand Junction is sulmicasting to other repeaters/ channels.... Is there alocation on where Sunlight is? it has to be between the bookcliffs and Grand Junction, another listener Heard it Between Moab and Grand Junction...

The inof in the DB is 163.150 pl 156.7 for Sunlight so either its linked or its an error, anyway to confirm that?
Sunlight Peak is southwest of Glenwood Springs and wnw of Carbondale. It comes up in maps.Google.com

Status
Not open for further replies.