• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTL5000 with o5 display

Status
Not open for further replies.

said73us

hi every body
may any one help me to find the latest version of this file " Astro_25_CH_AM.cvn " to synchronize o5 display with the radio , the display shows at first fail 01-90 then shows maintenance mode , how can i get the latest update for this file Astro_25_CH_AM.cvn .
thank you

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Probably from MOL them self's or a dealer might be able to help you.

wsykes41770

File name is different now.

The file name changes with every update. It is now "Astro_25_CH_BE.cvn." It is available for download from the Motorola Online Solutions website, presuming you have an account with them. If you don't, I'd recommend you either set one up or try your local dealer or service center.

said73us

I already have setup an account on Motorola on line bu haven't activated yet
i will try again
thank you very much

SOUTH300

Power

Fail 1-90 is a power failure. Make sure you are powering the radio itself and not just the control head. This will cause the control head to show Maintenance Mode.

said73us

hi
yes at start up the radio display shows" fail 01-90" ,then shows" maintenance mode"
but when i connect the XTL5000 to the PC computer , the computer shows Astro mobile xtl5000 and the radio display shows "maintenance mode - local control" , when i disconnect the radio from computer the computer gives me a notification the radio is disconnect and the radio display shows "maintenance mode - remote control " , what do you think the problem is ? my E mail is said73us@yahoo.com if any one wants to help me via Email
by the way the mobile xtl5000 is new , i haven't used it yet
thank you

Last edited:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Have you tried to read the radio using the accessory port on the back?

A dead xtl drawer will show the same message on the control head because the control head can't talk to the drawer.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
He needs to try the sync first. If i take my o3 head and put it on another radio sometimes it throws a fit.. Once i do the sync its all good.

said73us

I think i have to try to sync between the radio and display first , i have used XTL5000 CPS R16 when click the sync button on The CPS the o5 display changes to green color and shows some information like "software ver 5.10.00 "," ready to download", after a while the computer gives me a message " sync failed " , CPS R16 contains the file " "Astro_25_CH_AM.cvn." i think i need to CPS R17 or at least the latest version of "Astro_25_CH_BE.cvn." to sync between the radio and 05 display , any one can send me this file just to try and determine the problem , i already have "Astro_25_CH_AM.cvn.", this file about 52 MB is in C:\programs file \Motorola\astro25\astro mobile\update
thank you

said73us

hi mike , thank you for trying help me to resolve the problem , i have 2 programming cable used via display port one is usb and the other is serial com , i don't have the cable used from the rear of the radio , i have been changed the o5 display with normal XTL5000 display it also gives 01-90 and all leds light on then the radio restart and so on like open loop , restart , restart and so on , i think i have to get this file first "Astro_25_CH_BE.cvn."
thank you

said73us

noway, i still have the same problem with XTL5000,i changed the main board but but doesn't work either ,

jim202

You were asked early on in this thread if the radio itself had the DC power applied to it. This means the heavy current power to the radio itself. On the dash mount mid power and the trunk mount mid power, there is a 2 pin connector on the rear of the radio. On the high power trunk mount, there is the heavy red and black power wires going to the same 2 pin connector.

If you do not have +12 volts applied to these 2 pin high current feeds to the radio, you will see the error your getting. The radio needs to see the +12 volts on this feed in order to power up correctly.

While on the subject of the power to the radio with the 05 head, you need to be aware of another issue. The power accessory cable from the 05 head should have both a red wire and a yellow wire. The red wire needs to have a constant +12 volts on it. The yellow wire is used to turn the radio on and off with ignition control. If you switch the red wire with the ignition feed also, the radio will pull about 700 ma in the off condition. This is enough to kill an auto battery over a weekend.

When you do get to download the sync file, also download the instructions. It will tell you where the file needs to be placed in order to run correctly.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.